• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Download Mode

dmcjr22

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2012
Syracuse Ny
So was reading a post earlier about knox and how it appears in dload mode and got me curious about my phone.
So before i pose my question here is what i did with my phone.
Was 4.1.2 based when i got it, of course i rooted it, and am running a custom rom which is 4.3 based.
So like i had said was curious about stuff after reading knox post and went into download mode here is what i see is this normal and what exactly does it mean in regards to future possibility of having to send to samsung for whatever repairs i might potentially need.This is what phone says while in dload mode....
Odin mode
Product name: sgh 1747
custom binary download: Yes(1counts)
current binary:custom
system status:custom
qualcomm secureboot:enable

The custom binary download is the one having me curious

Never updated or will to 4.3

So was reading a post earlier about knox and how it appears in dload mode and got me curious about my phone.
Was 4.1.2 based when i got it, of course i rooted it, and am running a custom rom which is 4.3 based.
So like i had said was curious about stuff after reading knox post and went into download mode here is what i see is this normal and what exactly does it mean in regards to future possibility of having to send to samsung for whatever repairs i might potentially need.This is what phone says while in dload mode....
Odin mode

To the best of my knowledge:
custom binary download---how many times things have been flashed in ODIN
current binary---you are on a custom rom
system status--custom (not stock)
qualcomm secureboot:enable-- I can only guess that means your bootloader is unlocked, not sure.

The custom binary download is your flash counter, which can be reset with an app called Triangle Away. And that app is used before unrooting as it is a root only app:)

Upvote 0
im on dirty unicorns 4.3 for att and regarding knox im aware its on 4.3 which is why i wont ever update to it, unless of course the bots at xda break it. which they will because they always do. when will samsung and others phone makers ever realize they cant beat us were smarter, and just let ppl mode there phones how they want to espicially when you charge so much for the damn phones by either paying them out right for the phone or the contract carriers charging you and arm and a leg for service and then data cmon thats ridiculous that you get charged for both seperately. Point is we will always win they should just join us and enjoy the world of rooting and customizing.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
^this.
for a start, knox should be an opt-in thing for the minority who need the phone for work.
secondly, although us modders are also a minority, all the work the 3rd party devs do is open source and will travel upstream to help make android better... android, the o/s thats made samsung the biggest phone manufacturer in the world yet they make things deliberately harder for the devs, holding back drivers etc. I think Sony at least understand the value of aosp and push some stuff upstream.
What kills me is that google seem to let samsung away with murder. First multi-window and now app2sd, things google do not approve of in any way.
Rant over lol :-D

Upvote 0
i hear ya about google brother they make god knows how much every second because of ppl using google to search whatever, am currently peeved at them with chromecast all i wanna do is to be able to play local files from pc instead of having to a hook/unhook laptop to tv or transfer to usb stick. i got it because its google product thinking they believe in freedom. especially seeing their battle with nsa, boy i hope they win screw the nsa. with that being stated ill prolly be sent toguantanamo bay for christmas.

Upvote 0
i hear ya about google brother they make god knows how much every second because of ppl using google to search whatever, am currently peeved at them with chromecast all i wanna do is to be able to play local files from pc instead of having to a hook/unhook laptop to tv or transfer to usb stick. i got it because its google product thinking they believe in freedom. especially seeing their battle with nsa, boy i hope they win screw the nsa. with that being stated ill prolly be sent toguantanamo bay for christmas.

You can play some files through the browser on a PC if you have the Chromecast Extension (beta)

Can't remember exactly how it works as I don't need to use it (only tried it once) but MKV and MP4 files worked ok :)

Upvote 0
You can play some files through the browser on a PC if you have the Chromecast Extension (beta)

Can't remember exactly how it works as I don't need to use it (only tried it once) but MKV and MP4 files worked ok :)

Yeah im aware thanks though problem is not all files can be played; i got mine on day fling was released and shortly aftet was blocked with new update i just want koushcast to be unblocked; dont wanna pay for oga cord to root

Upvote 0
Odin mode

If you did get Knoxed up, there would be an additional line after the ones you have listed here, don't remember the exact wording but it refers to "Warranty Bit" and is followed by either a zero or a one. Zero means Knox flag is not tripped, one means that it has been tripped (irreversibly). Once again, Samsung is being shady by not spelling it out in plain English, so you have to look for that last line instead of something that clearly refers to 1) Knox being installed or not, and 2) whether or not Knox has been tripped. Seems like the whole Knox fiasco has been one big lie by omission on the part of Samsung deciding to behave like that crappy brand named after a piece of fruit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones