1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

download unsucessful ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nisssmo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Trying to download from freeroms.com and it just will not allow it. I have reset and done the normal stuff. Is this an issue with these phones ? It is on android 2.3.5 ... Help !!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

What are you downloading? If its a rom, the only ones that work for this phone are in that all things root sub forum ;)

3. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Android Expert

Free roms for game emulators?? If so no its not a problem with the phone. I have gba, gbc, n64,and super Nintendo. Sometimes you have to try the download more than once with the stock downloader. You can download easy downloader from the market, it tends to work better

4. nisssmo

nisssmo Newbie

Tried that and still wont download. WTF. Anyone else ?

5. SelfElevated2

Ok freeze the stupid easy downloader. Because if it won't do it it tends to be the one to try. So freeze it or uninstall it. Then try with the stock downloader. Also maybe try a different site for roms..
    Look sometimes you have to learn by trial and error. Just keep trying, use your head and you'll be good

6. UnknownUser1

UnknownUser1 Android Expert

Also check dl settings you shouldnt try and get a game unless your on wifi and i ad an issue once i just kept retryin till it worked

apnsb likes this.
  7. SelfElevated2

Good suggestion.. But I just want to add that those games are really small.. Gamboy advance games are like 2mb.. N64 is like 7-10..gbc less than a megabyte. Super Nintendo like 300 killabytes.. I mean they are all pretty small

8. UnknownUser1

Use rom hustler

9. HiredxGunz

HiredxGunz Guest

Normally, the stock browser doesn't download certain files. Use an alternative browser if you're using stock browser, if that isn't the issue, then try a different site.

10. UnknownUser1

I use miren and it works beautifully

11. SelfElevated2

I've tried a few browser's.. Most are better than stock at downloading but the chrome browser on beta3 never fails.. Not once.

12. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I have download crutch on my rom so it allows you to download any file type even with the stock browser. Its hard to find anymore though.

13. justtom

justtom Android Enthusiast

Some general Information on Crutch:
    It is a useful utility that allows you to accept other formats when downloading via the web browser. Ever tried to download an EXE or ZIP file in the Android web browser and get the error message, “insert”? Well this app lets you download non compliant file types in the web browser.
    Since it’s not in the Android Market anymore download it here readily available with many link choices I have put together: Download Crutch Lite 2008-01-31.apk (follow the holla-hoop instructions of the download site)
    Plug into USB on your computer, the phone should automatically install drivers or you might need to .You should then be able to see all the files on your SD Card, then drag the file from your computer location to SD Card (at this point, you can choose where to save the file). Use an Android file management app like Astro or Linda File Manager to access the file via your phone.Hope this is of help i personally have never used it but there is plenty of info online to walk you thru it if you cant get help here.Good luck and Have A Great Day.

Tom.

ZTE Warp (N860) Forum

The ZTE Warp (N860) release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1600mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews