• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help download unsucessful ?

Trying to download from freeroms.com and it just will not allow it. I have reset and done the normal stuff. Is this an issue with these phones ? It is on android 2.3.5 ... Help !!!

Free roms for game emulators?? If so no its not a problem with the phone. I have gba, gbc, n64,and super Nintendo. Sometimes you have to try the download more than once with the stock downloader. You can download easy downloader from the market, it tends to work better

Upvote 0
Tried that and still wont download. WTF. Anyone else ?

Ok freeze the stupid easy downloader. Because if it won't do it it tends to be the one to try. So freeze it or uninstall it. Then try with the stock downloader. Also maybe try a different site for roms..
Look sometimes you have to learn by trial and error. Just keep trying, use your head and you'll be good

Upvote 0
Some general Information on Crutch:
It is a useful utility that allows you to accept other formats when downloading via the web browser. Ever tried to download an EXE or ZIP file in the Android web browser and get the error message, “insert”? Well this app lets you download non compliant file types in the web browser.
Since it’s not in the Android Market anymore download it here readily available with many link choices I have put together: Download Crutch Lite 2008-01-31.apk (follow the holla-hoop instructions of the download site)
Plug into USB on your computer, the phone should automatically install drivers or you might need to .You should then be able to see all the files on your SD Card, then drag the file from your computer location to SD Card (at this point, you can choose where to save the file). Use an Android file management app like Astro or Linda File Manager to access the file via your phone.Hope this is of help i personally have never used it but there is plenty of info online to walk you thru it if you cant get help here.Good luck and Have A Great Day.

Tom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones