• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downton Abbey

Spoiler alert, don't click if you've not finished the series.

Ok - so out the blue, Grantham's dog comes running up to him, centered through the dark trees, lit on the walkway in the center of the screen.

I broke into uncontrollable laughter until my wife had to hit pause and for me to settle down.

"WTH is up with you?!?"

"We're watching the last episode and never knew it - Bates is going to be ok and Mary's going to work it out with Matthew - and it's all about to happen instantly."

"HTH did you just arrive at that?"

"The dog just came home. Ever play a country song backwards?" :D :D :D

Upvote 0
Spoiler alert, don't click if you've not finished the series.

Ok - so out the blue, Grantham's dog comes running up to him, centered through the dark trees, lit on the walkway in the center of the screen.

I broke into uncontrollable laughter until my wife had to hit pause and for me to settle down.

"WTH is up with you?!?"

"We're watching the last episode and never knew it - Bates is going to be ok and Mary's going to work it out with Matthew - and it's all about to happen instantly."

"HTH did you just arrive at that?"

"The dog just came home. Ever play a country song backwards?" :D :D :D

HAHAHAHA it really is an amazing show. I love it so far. CAn't wait for season 3.

Upvote 0
I'm new to Downton, and am catching up on Netflix. Currently only about 3 episodes into the first season.

I just don't watch mainstream TV enough to know about any shows until it's almost too late. As soon as I found out Maggie Smith was in this, the rest was history. About a minute and a half into the first episode, and I knew this was what I've been waiting for since Upstairs, Downstairs had its run back in the 70s.

Upvote 0
I've just come across it on Youku(in English with Chinese captions). Start with season one I think.

downton.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones