• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid 2 SBF 2.3.20

Agreed, my phone does seem zippier, even more so after I rooted and froze the living daylights out of the pre-installed items I dont use. The only two things I deleted that were preinstalled were AMAZON MP3 and the Race Car game since the game you could delete even without Root and for some reason even after FREEZING amazing mp3 it would still show up on my drawer and market.

Upvote 0
Alright, so I've noticed a problem, well actually it's more of an annoyance. Ever since I flashed this, I go to start a root app, it asks for su permission. I click on remember and allow. No problem. Well the annoying part is, I can exit out of the app, and return to it 5 minutes later and I have to give it permission again. I went into the su app and my apps are showing up in there, so what gives? Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Alright, so I've noticed a problem, well actually it's more of an annoyance. Ever since I flashed this, I go to start a root app, it asks for su permission. I click on remember and allow. No problem. Well the annoying part is, I can exit out of the app, and return to it 5 minutes later and I have to give it permission again. I went into the su app and my apps are showing up in there, so what gives? Any ideas?

Update superuser to the latest version via the market. That should fix your issues.

Reactions: G.Armour
Upvote 0
Since i can just reroot my recently rooted D2 (Yesterday). I'm having a HUGE issue Deodexe'ing the phone. I have Bootstrap and MetaMorph, how would one go about doing this?

I'm having issues actually accessing my SDCard *Probably doin it wrong* I hook the phone up to the computer do I then put it in USB-Mass Storage? If not (Usb Charging) how do i access the SD Card?

Also how do you guys go about the formating and loosing all your apps and or contacts?

Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Also whats the difference in the Flash's or what does SBF mean? :p

Upvote 0
Since i can just reroot my recently rooted D2 (Yesterday). I'm having a HUGE issue Deodexe'ing the phone. I have Bootstrap and MetaMorph, how would one go about doing this?

I'm having issues actually accessing my SDCard *Probably doin it wrong* I hook the phone up to the computer do I then put it in USB-Mass Storage? If not (Usb Charging) how do i access the SD Card?

Also how do you guys go about the formating and loosing all your apps and or contacts?

Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Also whats the difference in the Flash's or what does SBF mean? :p

I would flash the Full SBF(System Boot File) then flash the deodex zip. That should work out good. Put the sync mode as USB-Mass Storage to access files on your SD card on you PC. Charging Only mounts the card and you can't access it.

As far as formatting and losing all your apps or contacts i'm not too sure. Why do you want to do that?

Reactions: Thornfullessrose
Upvote 0
I would flash the Full SBF(System Boot File) then flash the deodex zip. That should work out good. Put the sync mode as USB-Mass Storage to access files on your SD card on you PC. Charging Only mounts the card and you can't access it.

As far as formatting and losing all your apps or contacts i'm not too sure. Why do you want to do that?
This should be a easy way for you Pesti13nce.

Upvote 0

I will give that shot tonight when I get home.. I don't want to loose all my data but a few of the themes I was wanting to flash (988 or 989 can't remember the name off hand) highly suggest a factory reset. So I was just curious. So your saying I should flash the FULL sbf and after that flash the deodex.zip (I'll roll thru google and find some files or is it the same as the one found here?)

Upvote 0
Afte
I will give that shot tonight when I get home.. I don't want to loose all my data but a few of the themes I was wanting to flash (988 or 989 can't remember the name off hand) highly suggest a factory reset. So I was just curious. So your saying I should flash the FULL sbf and after that flash the deodex.zip (I'll roll thru google and find some files or is it the same as the one found here?)

The Full SBF should be a factory reset. Most themes honestly don't need factory resets but some ROMs suggest doing so just so everything goes well. Use the files on the page I provided in the first post.

Upvote 0
yea just use the ones from My Droid World. No need to Google.
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Upvote 0
1) boot phone into recovery
2) go to mounts and storage
3) format system
4) mount system
5) install zip from sdcard
6) choose zip from sdcard
7) find and install zip
8) reboot your device

Ok, now i feel like a HUGE noob.. i booted the phone into recovery Via Bootsraps, but where do i go for mounts and Storage? Am i over looking something in the settings?

Also running in "Usb Mass Storage" i can't access my SD card to put the zip on it.. just the physical phone Memory or "Removable disc F" space.

Upvote 0
1) boot phone into recovery
2) go to mounts and storage
3) format system
4) mount system
5) install zip from sdcard
6) choose zip from sdcard
7) find and install zip
8) reboot your device

Ok, now i feel like a HUGE noob.. i booted the phone into recovery Via Bootsraps, but where do i go for mounts and Storage? Am i over looking something in the settings?

Also running in "Usb Mass Storage" i can't access my SD card to put the zip on it.. just the physical phone Memory or "Removable disc F" space.

I would say do it this way. ( its the way i did it at first when i just had the deodex update.zip)

Download ROM Manager from the market if you didnt already and choose "install zip from sd card" and select the file you put on the sd (the droid 2 deodex update.zip). then when it asks, choose wipe data and cache. let it do everything and it should work.

I couldnt do it the way they told me either because the file wouldnt show after i had already formatted the system. so i just did it through rom manager.

now about the usb issue, what os are you running on your computer?

Upvote 0
ok, another question i have is how do exactly put the file on the SD card? I hooked up the phone Via Mass storage and placed it in there, but doesn't it put on the phone and not the SD card?

There is also no option in ROM Manager to "Install ZIP from SD Card" just "Rom's From SD Card".. or is that the same thing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones