• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 3 - Blue Screen of Death - xp system sp3

I am having a problem with my new Droid 3. When I hook it up to my computer it never completes the usb setup to where I can see it as a mass storage device. My computer does a blue screen on me and reboots.

On one forum I saw it suggested to remove the motoblur drivers and then reinstall them. I uninstalled the drivers, checked under the device management and it doesn't show the droid 3. Unplug it from the computer, Reboot, start again and go through again with the same blue screen.

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong. Anyone have this problem or know what I need to do to get pass this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann

I am having a problem with my new Droid 3. When I hook it up to my computer it never completes the usb setup to where I can see it as a mass storage device. My computer does a blue screen on me and reboots.

On one forum I saw it suggested to remove the motoblur drivers and then reinstall them. I uninstalled the drivers, checked under the device management and it doesn't show the droid 3. Unplug it from the computer, Reboot, start again and go through again with the same blue screen.

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong. Anyone have this problem or know what I need to do to get pass this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Jo Ann
See if there is a chipset driver update or a USB driver update. If that still doesn't work then try running a memcheck on your RAM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones