• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid 4 Email app and pop email won't empty

DeidreDLH

Lurker
May 9, 2012
Hey guys and gals,

I can't seem to find any reference to what I want, so please help. I just got the Droid 4 today after having the original Droid for 2 plus years. I'm trying to get some basic things working like they did, and the email is being stubborn.

Before, I had two accounts I *popped* in. RoadRunner and Hotmail (using the native app.) Simple settings, and left a copy of the email on the server when downloaded to the phone. What I LIKED, was that when I went to my computer, and *harvested* all my email, it would no longer be on my phone. (After a refresh on my phone, they would politely disappear.) I would do this each night, so every day I started fresh on my phone.

It was like each day the email that came to my phone was temporary, and I could give it the attention it needed when I got to my PC.

However, on the new Droid, I believe I have everything set the same, but when I *harvest* the email on my PC, my inboxes do not empty on my phone when I refresh as before. I don't like it!!

Any suggestions?

:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones