• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Business Card Reader?

Just tried camcard and it got everything right. The only thing it could have done better is have a fax category, it put the fax as a business phone. That's easy to fix.

Google Goggles was terrible, mostly got it all wrong. Had to correct almost everything.

Scancard made mistakes also but not as bad as Goggles. Maybe only slightly faster than hand entering everything in the first place.

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]Actually there are several “well known” solutions of business card reader on android market, like CamCard, WorldCard, and even Abbyy, which has just released its new version for android but already gained an enormous visibility on the internet. By searching for more information about the subject, I stumbled upon another one named ScanCard, which seems quite a neat solution but unfortunately with few reviews. Personally, I prefer Scancard, compared to he others, just for its high accuracy and its simpe use.
[/FONT]

Thanks for mentioning us. By the way, we are happy to announce here that we have released ScanCard FREE VERSION (instead of previous lite version) on Android Market.

scancard-business-card-reader1.jpg

You would be able to capture images, recognize and save limitless cards. The service is also cloud-based, which means your cards are backed up on the cloud service as well. Then you will be free to manage your contacts anywhere at anytime. The only constraint is that you need a web synchronization account, which is free charge as well, to use the solution.

By far, we are the only “100% free” business card reader working on Android OS, which recognizes Chinese, English and other European languages, with a real performant OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engine, accuracy up to 95%+++. Compared to most cloud-based solutions, with ScanCard you are getting the recognized contact information immediately after capturing the business card's image, no need to wait days and hours before getting it on hand.

View ScanCard's video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xmscan?v=XP4hqLK410I

View more ScanCard’s reviews:
Review & Press XMSCAN's blog

Download Link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=scan.bcr.ch

Any comments are welcome! Thanks for your supporting!

XMSCAN

Upvote 0
Apparently, CardScan company by Sanford brands does not have an app yet.
The apps mentioned in this thread do not link the image of the bizcard with the datarecord, which CardScan software does.
With CardScan I usually zip in all my cards and do light editing up front.
But, the image is stored with the data which is absolutely important.
The comfort of seeing the card image is very comforting and you can do better cleanup as needed.

Of course, an app from CardScan would cannibalize their hardware line.

Let's wait and see

Upvote 0
I've worked with several card scanner programs, most of them good. But with 3000+ contacts the last thing I need to do is scan another contact into myContacts. I am much more into what happens next. I would much rather scan it into an alternate list at least, and have the abilit to do productive stuff with it like send a email I can specify... Not just one. Who has just a single process.

So if I wanted, for example, to place the new card info into my network group list, and from there have a process that would send a welcome email...

Or add them to new prospect list so I can snd them an Invite

Etc.

Obviously it would take more that a scanner app... But if the best ones only stick new records into myContacts we have not gotten too far. So, what's out there that I have not found that begins to appraoch the process automation in my dreams?

I've heard a few peopel talk about this, but never found any tangable solutions shot of SalesForce + 10M programmer budget.

Am I just dreaming?

Upvote 0
I have world card mobile on my iphone, and since I just recently got an HTC One X i want to get the world card mobile on it. I downloaded and am trying to import the contacts that I exported in their format but it says no such file found. I've downloaded to a file manager program on the htc but still nothing. any help would be great. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones