• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid saves the day!

oppendroid

Mar 14, 2010
Upstate NY
Long story short, my mom was in a car accident with a tractor trailer on Tuesday. (The car was totalled but she is fine. Walked away without a scratch.)

My Droid. Oh, Lord, did this phone come through when I really needed it! I was a mess when I came up to the accident scene. There was a huge truck smashed into my mother's car and her car was being pulled out with chains.

Even with all my fumbling around, I was able to quickly browse the web to find phone numbers, make a bunch of calls, text my family to keep them updated, and take some very good pictures of the car for my dad until he could look at the car.

Droid was a champ when I needed it the most. Hmmm . . . I think I just found his name . . . Champ. :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones