• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Turbo Update Reversal Question

Thanks much, Thom. I used to absolutely LOVE my Droid Turbo -- so much so, that when my original DT died after this very update, I ordered 3 more of these phones off ebay (decided not to ever pay a huge amount for a cell phone, after that one died). Now I absolutely hate this phone due to the update, it & am looking for a different phone. Am going to return these for refunds. Maybe a Samsung Galaxy.

Thing is, one of my most favorite features of the DT is that pics can be snapped by touching anywhere on the screen...though I believe Motorola has now stopped that too. That made it so easy to take pictures!! I haven't found another phone that has this feature.

Upvote 0
I am running that latest version on my Turbo and it has the tap anywhere on the screen feature.

The latest version on the Turbo 2 also has that feature with a better camera. The Turbo 2 has a better camera.

The latest version of the camera app in the Moto Z Force does not have that feature. It has a better camera than the Turbo 2.

On the Turbo and Turbo 2 I always used the Camera JB+ app that dies not have the feature.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info, Thom! I do love the tap anywhere function, as it's so much easier to get a quick shot when not having to look for the shutter button. But after the last update everything on the phone looks so different, & the messaging & phone functions are totally different. The phone used to show all recent calls on the "front" page when you opened phone...now you have to select the recents tab. Since I don't always have my glasses on, I can't see the tabs. Guess I'm done with the Droid Turbo. It's a shame, as I loved that phone so much!!!!

Upvote 0
On the Moto Z2 Force in professional mode there is an icon that can be moved around. It sets the contrast of the image based on where t is positioned. There is a large button that never moves to (bottom center) to activate the shutter.

The solution to the changing apps with new releases ... use third party apps that you like and do not change with the updates.

... Thom

Upvote 0
Thom, you're a lifesaver -- for my Droid Turbo, for sure, as I was going to switch phones! I downloaded the simpler dialer, & it's more like the phone app before the 24.91.5 quark update!! I'll hunt for a texting app that's similar to the "before" & I'll love my phone again! Can't thank you enough!!!! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones