• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Update working On Eris? A thought maybe?

Brians0717

Apr 1, 2010
I was reading about Verizon's rolling out of the 2.1 Update for the Moto Droids, but one thing that seemed to stand out was that the Moto update was signed by HTC.

Don’t Wait For Verizon To Update Your Droid To 2.1 – Do It Yourself And Do It Now | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

The Download for the Moto Droid update is available for download on Google. We all are running the same operating system so maybe the update would work on the Eris' also. Some people Mentioned when using the leaked versions of 2.1 on their Eris' that some apps recongnized them as using the SDK (who's 2.1 update is available as a download for on the official Android website) Which leads me to the theory that people have been loading the SDK update on their Eris'.........once again this is all theory and just a quick thought.

i just tried... failed.

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.
HTC's bootloader looks for a file named PB00IMG.zip (and a few other possible names). It simply ignores a file named "update.zip". Maybe if you renamed it it would work... ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones