• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X crashing wifi network?

gotmydroidx

Aug 4, 2010
Sorry for the negative post my first time up (hate it when people do that) but I've been having problems with my DX. First problem is a dead pixel...VZ is going to get me a new phone as soon as they get one in stock.

Second problem has to do with wifi. I am running two wireless routers in my house, one BGN and the other BG and everything worked fine until I got my Droid X. Every time I enable wifi on the phone it crashes my network. I've tested it multiple times and the Droid X is definitely the culprit.

Other than this inconvenience I love the phone...had the iPhone 3G for 18 months and was happy to cancel my service with ATT to get back to VZ.

Anyone else have this problem? I hope the replacement phone solves this problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones