• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Security Lock not working

Fabyloso

Apr 8, 2010
All of a sudden my security lock feature stopped working. I've rebooted several times and the lock screen pops up initally after reboot, but then I do not see it again. I can lock the screen and it goes black, but if I hit lock/home key again it goes straight to home screen.

I am not a Droid noob, I need help!

the default setting was to turn on after 20 minutes. You can set the security lock time to be whenever it goes to sleep.

I don't think this is the problem, but changed it anyway. I changed it to "When display is off". Still, will not bring up the lock screen. It was working fine for 4 days all the way up until this morning. I didn't install any new apps or change any settings. Just went to unlock it and noticed it went straight to home screen. WTF! haha!

Upvote 0
Try setting the passcode or security pattern again. It may have been wiped out for some reason. If there isn't a passcode or pattern set, it's just going to go back to the homescreen when you unlock regardless of what setting you use.

I found the problem. Somehow Lockbot was interferring with the default screen lock. I had lockbot installed in my incredible and moved into the X but havent opened it since. I don't know why it chose this morning to start interferring but it did. I uninstalled lockbot and wah-lah, it works instantly. Weird.

Thanks guys, sorry for being a nab.

Upvote 0
my simple swipe is gone and only comes back if I pull the battery. once it powers back on I have to touch the phone icon and then the main power/lock button. all is fine for a while but then it comes back. Ive been trying to figure out the "symptoms" that cause this to happen but I havent been able to narrow down what steps exactly lead to this going on. I will say that it started when I updated to gingerbread. I did the factory reset and that didnt help. I didnt like gingerbread so I figured out how to revert back to froyo ala sbr and did that but the problem still remains.

Deano
Droid X

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones