• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid x slower with froyo? Disappointed?

Well someone bought it, the pictures are from an ebay item so I think he'd get in a bit of trouble for selling a photoshopped item. As far as it being a test build its got to be pretty much final if it releases next week. Idk it doesn't make sense but still bothers me.

You don't even have an X, why does it bother you.

Upvote 0
All of these responses and no one was sharp enough to suggest that these low quadrant scores are probably the result of the 2.2 install reseting battery performance settings, thus severely lowering benchmark scores? How many of you actually own a Droid X, lol?

Perhaps if you were sharp enough you'd run the tests yourself to see what battery mode changes do to scores and report the results:

Performance: 1178
Smart: 1213
Battery Saver: 1177

The first time I ran it (smart mode) I scored an 843. That's probably what happened. The first score always runs short.

Upvote 0
This looks like a bunch of B.S. to me. How can people believe this? I've never seen these sites be right, im sure this is faked some how.

Whatever. What do you know? Stick to your stoopid Tiburon forum newb. :p

LOL. I thought I recognized your screen name. Good to see a familiar ummm.....face? Avatar? Screen name? Haven't been on NT in quite a while though. White TXT pwns you even on androidforums.net :D

Upvote 0
Whatever. What do you know? Stick to your stoopid Tiburon forum newb. :p

LOL. I thought I recognized your screen name. Good to see a familiar ummm.....face? Avatar? Screen name? Haven't been on NT in quite a while though. White TXT pwns you even on androidforums.net :D

Don't worry i see ur white text. Haha. I definitely recognize ur avatar! :p

Upvote 0
There is no "eFuse thing"...well, not one that makes any bit of difference. Encrypted bootloader? That's a different story.

I'm relatively certain that this is untrue: I was in the irc chat the night before they achieved root. They attempted to root a phone and wound up essentially bricking the phone. As advertised, it went to the boot menu and since there was no Moto signed ROM to present it with, the phone was basically useless. The discussion following that event was that this was indeed the eFuse at work, and while it doesn't brick the phone outright by literally irreparably injuring the hardware, it does indeed do what Moto said it would (which is brick the phone for all intensive purposes.... unless we can get a Moto guy to leak some files to us!). I know Birdman tweeted that it wasn't active, he was in the irc chat and was in agreement with all this.

All of these responses and no one was sharp enough to suggest that these low quadrant scores are probably the result of the 2.2 install reseting battery performance settings, thus severely lowering benchmark scores? How many of you actually own a Droid X, lol?

Typically it isn't recommended make a swing at everyone in a thread (even if that swing is a wild hay-maker that misses the intended target and comes back to smack you in the face) .... especially on your first post here.

Upvote 0
I'm relatively certain that this is untrue: I was in the irc chat the night before they achieved root. They attempted to root a phone and wound up essentially bricking the phone. As advertised, it went to the boot menu and since there was no Moto signed ROM to present it with, the phone was basically useless. The discussion following that event was that this was indeed the eFuse at work, and while it doesn't brick the phone outright by literally irreparably injuring the hardware, it does indeed do what Moto said it would (which is brick the phone for all intensive purposes.... unless we can get a Moto guy to leak some files to us!). I know Birdman tweeted that it wasn't active, he was in the irc chat and was in agreement with all this.
That is NOT eFuse. An eFuse tripping would result in a bricking that could only be reversed with special hardware to reset the eFuse. That is encrypted bootloader. Not a signed ROM? Not going to run. Put a signed ROM on and then it will work. Just because you don't have a signed ROM does not mean that the eFuse is tripped.

Upvote 0
That is NOT eFuse. An eFuse tripping would result in a bricking that could only be reversed with special hardware to reset the eFuse. That is encrypted bootloader. Not a signed ROM? Not going to run. Put a signed ROM on and then it will work. Just because you don't have a signed ROM does not mean that the eFuse is tripped.

Go into the Everything Root Forum and take a look at the OP in the Encrypted Boot Loader and eFuse thread (actually, I'll save you time, it's me). The point is, I know what the encrypted boot loader is, and I know what the eFuse is (spent quite a lot of time reading about each). As Motorola stated in their press release, the eFuse functionality in the DX is NOT to outright brick the phone (aka you can't even turn it on). The eFuse will function by tripping the system into the boot loader and lock it there until certain conditions are met. Right now this causes issues for us b/c the boot loader is signed by Motorola. If you don't believe me or want a more detailed explanation head over to the AllDroid forums: most of the guys responsible for the hacking progress to date are hanging out there.

I don't think a lot of people understand how incredibly lucky we were to gain root at all. When Birdman tweeted that the boot loader wasn't active, what he meant was that it wouldn't completely kill the phone like we originally thought: it gave some hope b/c even tho it trips to the phone to the boot loader, it still leaves the phone on and while the phone is on there is always the potential to hack it.

I apologize for leading taking this thread off topic so let me bring it back on.

My take on the Froyo situation is as follows:
The Motorola Milestone recently received the equivalent of a 2.2 skin: it sounds like they found a way to do some "double boot" or something crazy and load it to sit on top of the 2.1 kernal. The problem is that since it isn't a 2.2 kernal, certain features refuse to work (GPS or Wifi if memory serves me correctly) and it certainly won't see the speed improvements that regular 2.2 should. I am betting that either someone figure out how to do this (or some version of this) on the DX.

If not that, then the absence of the JIT compiler in a dev version of Froyo is another plausible explanation.

The bottom line is this: it is NOT plausible that the final version of Froyo (aka speed demon) will do anything but make the DX much, much faster.

Upvote 0
Go into the Everything Root Forum and take a look at the OP in the Encrypted Boot Loader and eFuse thread (actually, I'll save you time, it's me). The point is, I know what the encrypted boot loader is, and I know what the eFuse is (spent quite a lot of time reading about each). As Motorola stated in their press release, the eFuse functionality in the DX is NOT to outright brick the phone (aka you can't even turn it on). The eFuse will function by tripping the system into the boot loader and lock it there until certain conditions are met. Right now this causes issues for us b/c the boot loader is signed by Motorola. If you don't believe me or want a more detailed explanation head over to the AllDroid forums: most of the guys responsible for the hacking progress to date are hanging out there.

I don't think a lot of people understand how incredibly lucky we were to gain root at all. When Birdman tweeted that the boot loader wasn't active, what he meant was that it wouldn't completely kill the phone like we originally thought: it gave some hope b/c even tho it trips to the phone to the boot loader, it still leaves the phone on and while the phone is on there is always the potential to hack it.

I apologize for leading taking this thread off topic so let me bring it back on.

My take on the Froyo situation is as follows:
The Motorola Milestone recently received the equivalent of a 2.2 skin: it sounds like they found a way to do some "double boot" or something crazy and load it to sit on top of the 2.1 kernal. The problem is that since it isn't a 2.2 kernal, certain features refuse to work (GPS or Wifi if memory serves me correctly) and it certainly won't see the speed improvements that regular 2.2 should. I am betting that either someone figure out how to do this (or some version of this) on the DX.

If not that, then the absence of the JIT compiler in a dev version of Froyo is another plausible explanation.

The bottom line is this: it is NOT plausible that the final version of Froyo (aka speed demon) will do anything but make the DX much, much faster.

according to motorola the efuse makes the phone boot to recovery , not the bootloader, until a good rom is reinstalled. So until they get a good rom that phone is bricked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones