• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid X2 Nandroid Backup System Recovery

adrock0211

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
Has anyone figured out a way to create a FULL (i.e. Nandroid) backup of the X2 yet? All of the other methods like ROM Manager's ClockWorkMod Recovery and also the Droid X Bootstrapping method do not work on the X2...just the original Droid X.

I am wanting to start doing some more serious mod's to my X2 like flashing custom ROM's and over clocking the CPU but I am not prepared to do that without first being able to create a FULL system backup to flash back to later in the event that something doesn't go as planned.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, thanks for the info. Are you aware of any alternatives that fully backup the entire system in the event of problems during ROM installation or CPU over clocking?

well First. Before any Official Roms come out for the DX2 a version of clockwork recovery will have to come out. Sooooooo i wouldn't worry about any of this until then.

Upvote 0
In the past when new hardware is released what has been the typical turn time before the devs start releasing rom's and recovery for them? When should I expect to see something?

Thanks for the response.

Depends in part on the popularity of the phone, and whether there are any techie DX2 owners who are able to help push development forward.

Look in XDA forums in the X2 section to see if anything is happening...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones