• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dropped my Evo...no damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Jul 22, 2010
Ok so I decided I would try to do some inverted (hanging) sit ups and I forgot to take my Evo out of my pocket. It fell from about 5 or 6 feet onto a hard wood floor with no case on it. The back popped off and the battery came out but once put back together the phone worked perfectly with no screen cracks or anything. The only thing on the phone was a Zagg invisible shield screen protector. Just thought I would share this with people.

csb1.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah I dropped mine the other day about 6 feet onto hard asphalt getting in my truck. It popped up and rolled and landed on the face just knew it was ****ed up, lol. I was scared to pick it up but not a scratch on it. I had a hard plastic one piece snap on case. Don't want to test it again but glad I wasn't in line waiting for a new one!

Upvote 0
The most dreaded thing happened last night since I don't have insurance and I love my baby. It dropped out of my hands and I kind of got a hold of it for a little to save it but it went down anyways. I was like :eek::eek: because the back came off. It dropped directly on the screen with no screen protector.

Surprisingly, not a single scratch of the slightest. I was so relieved I could not believe it. I guess these screens are much more sturdy than my old phones. :cool:

/cool story bro

Upvote 0
Well I have had the phone since June. I'm well past the 1 month you have to get it.

Never understood this, though at all. Why can we not get insurance whenever we want? Maybe after something like this I am more inclined to get insurance but I can't because they won't let me. Aren't they losing money on this or actually gaining money to try and force people into a quick decision within the 1st month if they want it or not?

I will admit, I am a cheapskate, even when it comes to $7 a month. My logic is it's a waste of money if nothing ever happens to it.

But after last night, I would not be against getting insurance to feel safe. Any way to get 3rd party insurance or does it even work like that?

Upvote 0
Well I have had the phone since June. I'm well past the 1 month you have to get it.

Never understood this, though at all. Why can we not get insurance whenever we want? Maybe after something like this I am more inclined to get insurance but I can't because they won't let me. Aren't they losing money on this or actually gaining money to try and force people into a quick decision within the 1st month if they want it or not?

I will admit, I am a cheapskate, even when it comes to $7 a month. My logic is it's a waste of money if nothing ever happens to it.

But after last night, I would not be against getting insurance to feel safe. Any way to get 3rd party insurance or does it even work like that?

I got Square Trade and as far as I know you can buy it anytime you want. I got it for 140 with a 50$ deductible if it's broken.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones