• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root dropping service

Scrillex

Dec 3, 2010
Utah
A guy I rooted/rom/kernal etc his TB for has been having this exact same problem. I put CM7 on it first with mr2 and 2.5 radios. Both stayed in constant 1x. Switched to synergy which is what I run with the 802 radio. My phone has constant 3g all the time. His stuck in 1x. Switched to bamf forever with the same radio. Stayed in 3g for about an hour and dropped back to 1x. Could it be the phone having the radio issues? Tried several radios and nothing alleviates this issue

I'm not in a 4g area either but I do leave the radio settings in cdma/evdo +lte.

I switched to just cdma/evdo but it didn't help the problem.

Any ideas??

A guy I rooted/rom/kernal etc his TB for has been having this exact same problem. I put CM7 on it first with mr2 and 2.5 radios. Both stayed in constant 1x. Switched to synergy which is what I run with the 802 radio. My phone has constant 3g all the time. His stuck in 1x. Switched to bamf forever with the same radio. Stayed in 3g for about an hour and dropped back to 1x. Could it be the phone having the radio issues? Tried several radios and nothing alleviates this issue

I'm not in a 4g area either but I do leave the radio settings in cdma/evdo +lte.

I switched to just cdma/evdo but it didn't help the problem.

Any ideas??

my phone has been doing that lately also, but i havent messed with the radios. make sure your network type is CDMA+LTE/EvDo.

ALSO, under roaming preferences change it to "home" instead of automatic or something else. thats what i did for cm7/aosp blacksource droidtheory rom and it worked well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones