• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate Playlists

So for some reason, in the default music player (on my Samsung galaxy S Fascinate) all of my playlists have been duplicated. I have quite a few playlists, and I frequently use it to sort my music, so having duplicates is rather annoying.

I use isyncr to download my music from itunes and it was working fine until I switched back from the wifi add on to importing/updating via usb.

For a while I had around 4 of the same playlist - three of which were empty, but after deleting everything and re-uploading all of my music, i now only have two of the same playlist.

So my question is. How do I delete the empty playlists!? if it is possible? Additionally, I'd like to know why this is happening , to prevent from doing it again in the future

I know there have been sumilar questions to mine (likeHere) but for what I can find, no one has replied/ found a solution to any.

Any information or possible solution would be greatly appreciated!

My guess is you have either a backup of your playlists in a separate folder on your sd card that is getting scanned by Android when it mounts, or you have copied the isyncr playlists to a different folder than the manually copied playlist. For example if you have a playlist called "Driving Music" in /music/playlists and you have file named the same thing in /backup/playlists you will end up with duplicate copies. Also if you have the same playlist in two different recognized playlist formats, it will show up twice. If you have DrivingTunes.m3u and DrivingTunes.pls on your sd card, it will show the duplicate.

You may want to try this if you want to keep duplicate copies. In the folder you do not want scanned place an empty file named ".nomedia" (without the quotes) and it will prevent Android from scanning the media contents of the folder. I know it works for pictures, video and music, but I'm not sure if it will work for playlists.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones