• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicate SMS's

Hey all. So I had a bit of trouble getting my messages from my S2 to my S3. But, after a long time, I finally managed to do it :D. I used SMS Backup +, which stored it to my Google account, then restored it. For some odd reason, it didn't do all of them :(. No idea why, but only did about 75% of them. So I tried to use SMS Backup & Restore. I selected the option to delete duplicate messages, and when it was done, I found that it didn't delete all the duplicate messages. Some of my messages (from what I can tell, only some (or maybe all) of the sent ones that SMS Backup + restored) have been duplicated. Is there any way of going deleting all the duplicate messages, preferably not manually? An app would be amazing :p. Normally it wouldn't be too big a deal, but I might have anywhere up to 5000 duplicated messages maybe :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones