• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Duplicationg contacts and sending too many texts - help!

MrsShrubs

Lurker
Nov 6, 2010
Hi,
Sorry if this is not in the right place but I'm having two major problems with my HTC Wildfire.

PROBLEM 1

I need to be able to send group texts to around 100 people about 3-4 times a week. I thought this phone would be able to cope with this but i was wrong! I've tried using the stock app as well as various android apps such as chomp, easy text and handcent.
The main problem seems to be that I get an error from android saying that I am trying to send too many sms and then have to press "ok" 100 times and even then lots of the texts get "stick" being undelivered. I then tried to "retry all" and then some people were getting the texts ten times! I've since found out that the phone automatically retries to send all the texts in the "undelivered" section so you should just leave them to send again by themselves (I won't go into my "what's the point of having a retry all option thne?!" argument!!). Apparently this error message comes up because the app only lets you send 100 texts an hour and anythig over that prompts this message! Useless when you have an unlimited text package because you DO want to send hundreds of texts! I appreciate that there may be some people who do not want to accidently send 100 texts but I'm not one of them so can I turn this option off please??
Also, I'm now getting another issue because all of my group texts are being converted to mms and the phone is trying to send them as mms and only lets me send 10 of those at a time!! grrrr!! I don't want them to go as mms as I have to pay for them, i can (apparently) only send 10 at a time and they're only TEXT messages, no pictures or sounds are being sent!!! I've also looked into this and it might be because the texts are "too long" i.e. over 2 standard text lengths - why is this and how do i get around it does anyone know??
I attempted to ring HTC on Thursday and got fed up because after 30 minutes, the guy on the phone was still asking me about the error message that i was getting and trying to replicate in on his wildfire?! why?? surely he can just google it like i did!
After coming from a very cheap alcatel which would send off 100 texts in about 5 mins without questionning me or trying to convert them to mms messages and allowing me to sync my outlook contacts without duplicating them I can't beleive I've given that up for this useless brick that I'm now stuck with!! Sorry for the rant and can anyone please help??

PROBLEM 2

Please can someone hlep me as I am pulling my hair out!!
I JUST want Outlook to sync with my HTC Wildfire. Not a big issue I thought but HTC keeps duplicating random contacts! I shoudl have 203, just synced and have 877!! Luckily, I always back up my contacts so now I have to delete all contacts in the phone and outlook, sync, re-import (AGAIN!) all the contacts into Outlook and re-sync. Until I add another contact or two and then start the process all over again!
Ideally, I'd have a 2-way sync so that I could actually add contacts to the phone but that seemed like too much for the phone and it would just randomly sync whatever it wanted so I THOUGHT it would be easier just to use one system to sync but I was wrong!!
Please help!? Am running windows 7 and outlook 2010 and don't have the phone syncing contacts with facebook, twitter or google contacts (unless i've missed a setting other than in accounts&sync and then go into each app and uncheck the relevant box.

XX

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones