• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Earbuds not working on my Galaxy J3

erra_pleiades

Lurker
Mar 30, 2019
So, I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 that has an audio issue. Now, before I begin to describe my problem, I woulf like to point out that I've tried fixing the issue myself using all techniques people have come up on this forum, but none work, and taking it to a local phone repair company, and they too have no idea what happened to it. So without further or due let's begin. I listened to to music one night before going to bed, and days prior to this one. I had no idea that this issue was actually an issue until it didn't play music through my earbuds. I've tried many different pairs, but they work on other devices. I've tried Safe Mode, Factory Reset, Soft Reset, Firmware Update (yes I did have one), Clearing Partition Cache, Uninstalling and Installing Apps, Changing Settings, Cleaning Out the Audio Jack, Blowing into the Audio Jack, and all of that jazz, but none seem to work. I began attempting to resolve the issue by doing all of these 'solutions' that people suggested to other people that have had the same issue, or similar issues, and none work for me. I followed exactly the steps that people say and how to do them, and none work. I listen to music on a daily basis. Please help someone.

Sounds like broken hardware then
frown.png
probably the hardware jack.

If you're out of warranty... and no local shop will repair it.. not sure there's any software tweak to work around the hardware fault.

However.. Bluetooth headphones or earbuds may be option?

Just regular earbuds with a cord.

Upvote 0
I'll agree with olbriar then...
I suspect that your problem is more likely hardware related. My guess is that a lead has broken to the female jack. A work around would be to invest in a set of BT buds or seek a repair from a professional. The leads are tiny to the jack and near impossible for the normal guy to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones