• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

scrface

Jun 27, 2010
Im not eligible for an upgrade till next year but I always get an early upgrade (my memory sucks so don't remember the process just know I get a new phone every summer with new contract). Anyway I called sprint and they said they can no longer do early upgrades over the phone but a sprint corporate store can which made me remember I always get my phones at best buy with the instant rebate (so had to be someway to get early upgrade through them). So I just called best buy and they said sprint no longer does early upgrades and id have to pay retail

So does sprint still do early upgrades? If so how do I go about it? Can I get early upgrade at best buy and the guy just didn't know what hes talking about, can I somehow get eligible for the early upgrade at sprint then go to best buy (thinking maybe this is what I did before when phones were sold out), do I have to go completely through sprint store, or is there just no way to get an early upgrade anymore?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones