• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Easy video editing software

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
I just want to cut up videos (take a 3 min vid and take certain clips from it and sew together).

I just need pretty basic functions - I love effects and I have used Nero several years ago with success, but haven't tried it recently.
I need something straightforward without being too complex where I have to do tons of reading on it.

Any suggestions please?
Nick

My hands-down favorite is VideoReDo TVSuite H.264. I got it because it works with (encrypted) TiVo files, but found that it's an excellent all-around video processing product. It can rip DVDs or take a variety of DVR (including Microsoft's MCE) files, edit them cuts-only, save them in a variety of file formats or author to DVD and even burn the disc. All in one app.

The thing that makes this application great is that it offers a high level of customization when saving or transcoding. It also supports more file formats than any other single product I've seen. It's dead-simple for a beginner to use with default profiles, and offers more advanced parameters and tweaks than any product under $1000. For simple editing, there's a basic product. (There's a comparison chart at the website.) It's a great product at a reasonable price.

Use the free trial and see for yourself.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure the OP--who asked the question in 2012 and hasn't been back in 5 years--will not see your helpful reply, @NightAngel79! :eek: :p

Still, though, it's useful for others with the same question. :)

Found this thread because a spammer posted in it, lol. So after I deleted the comment I decided to bump the thread. :)

Reactions: DonB and MoodyBlues
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones