• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Eclipse Error

LunarStorm

May 29, 2010
EDIT::

Let me make this a little clearer:

When you put in the location of the SDK folder you downloaded to start making applications into Eclipse, you put them in a certain tab, named Android. But, the tab is not there, and I do not know how to put it there. Does anyone know how to add this tab or fix this problem?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Could you post a link to the sdk installation instructions that you have been following, and then maybe someone will be able to point out where things have gone wrong.

Please confirm which steps you have already done, and where you have problems.

Also, it might be worth specifying which platform you are on, which version of the SDK you are trying to install, and which version of Eclipse you are using.

Hopefully with all that information it will be easier for someone to help.

Alternatively, if the instructions you are following are no good, you might want to try these:

Installing the SDK | Android Developers

Please come back with more questions if that doesn't work for you, and I'll do my best to help.

Regards,

Mark

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but I can't help without more information.
Things are far too vague to offer any advice at the moment.

You followed all the steps in that installation guide? Did they all succeed?
Did any of the steps fail? Did you get any error messages?
Did you install the ADT plugin?
If you go to preferences in Eclipse (Windows -> Preferences) do you see an Android section on the left?

Please provide as much information as possible.
Go into detail about what you've tried and what happened.

Regards,

Mark

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones