• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email active synch bug with ICS?

Bath

Jul 6, 2011
I updated my S2 to ICS last weekend and now my Exchange account is not updating the InBox with new email.

Calendar and Contacts all synch correctly and update as changes are made at either end (phone and PC).

InBox synch'd correctly just the once, when I reinstalled my Exchange account but subsequent new emails arriving are not appearing in my phone InBox (I can see them on my PC). When I refresh the InBox I get a little window coming up with the message "Connection error".

A seperate IMAP account I have on my phone is working fine.

I have checked and rechecked all Ecchange settings, I have deleted the Exchange account and reinstalled it to no availl. Any suggestions anyone?

Is this a bug in ICS? If it is it is a major one and I can't believe they would have released ICS without noticing and fixing it. Anyone else got this problem? What's the fix?

Regards
David

Been trying to figure out the problem and trying to resolve it. Its definitely a bug in 4.0.3 as I have read somewhere that it doesn't happen in Jelly Bean.

You still get notifications and you can go to the emails, the new emails just doesn't show up in the widget. Basically the widget is not being refreshed properly. So far, the only method that I can find to solve that is to delete and add back the widget, or the simplest, just to scroll the emails down to the end and it will refresh on its own.

As for Enhanced Email, does it have a full widget like the stock email? I also have GoEmail widget, but I would like one where you can set as push email with certain period like the stock. Don't want to receive emails in the middle of the night.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Yep, email widget is broken in ICS. It also took me at least five attempts to set up an Exchange account with Activesync. Same configuration each time, sometimes it wouldn't connect at all, sometimes just once, eventually it worked but just didn't update the widget. It also didn't follow the peak (Push) and off-peak (Manual) schedule consistently. This was despite a factory reset following the GB->ICS upgrade.

Eventually got fed up with this and many other annoyances and went back to GB: Problems solved :)

Ian

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones