1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Email Settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philayl, Nov 6, 2014.

1. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, I have two email addresses on my S5, one is @talktalk.net, the other is @gmail.com, in the email settings the one for @talktalk.net has the usual "More settings", when you open this at the bottom of the "Incoming settings" is a drop down box that lets you select whether to delete the emails from the server or not, but the @gmail.com settings do not have this option, how can I stop the emails from @gmail.com being deleted from the server when I delete them from the phone? Phil

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Is your Gmail set up as an IMAP account? or pop3/SMTP? How about your talktalk.net?

3. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, my Gmail is IMAP, and my Talktalk is pop3, Phil

4. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

You could just try to set up gmail as a pop3 account (have to enable pop3 access using the gmail settings on a web browser first)

philayl likes this.
  5. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Cheers, I will try that. Phil

6. MeatLoafT

MeatLoafT Member

If you delete an email in Gmail (on the app or in a browser) it deletes it period. If you want to keep the email, you have to use "Archive," this gets it out of the Inbox but is still available to you under the "All Mail" label. I hope this helps.

philayl likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews