• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Email went bad after last upgrade

dusty1300

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
I have 3 imap accounts I check quite often. This last upgrade ( 2.3.4 ) was supposed to improve email checking I read somewhere. Well, it has had just the opposite effect on mine. It no longer checks very well. It sits forever sometimes. A few times recently, when I picked up the phone, it was very hot and the battery was almost drained down all the way. I have tried K9 and MailDroid, but not real happy with them either. K9 was stuck today and wouldn't sync at all, had to reboot phone to get it to work.

Am I the only one with these issues or could it be something else I may have done. I can't think of anything I installed recently that might have affected it.

If anyone could recommend a very good email client other than the stock one, K9 or Maildroid, I would also be very interested.

Tom

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones