• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris lover

plugnpl4y

Jan 5, 2010
Hello! I've long been a fan of the Open Handset Alliance (OHA); since the HTC Dream was just a rumor with a vague website. The Droid Eris is my first Android headset and my first mobile experience with someone other than AT&T.

I would like to admit I am a former iPhone user and destroyer (x3), it's a very expensive habit, but I digress. I gave up my iPhone because of the restrictions, stigma, and AT&T network; one other problem larger than all three of those: iTunes.

I'm loving my Eris. When my friends ask me to make a comparison I often tell them how the iPhone does most things perfect, it if won't do it perfectly the feature isn't even available (with the exception of reception). The Eris however, has a bit more "charm". The charm I'm referring to stems from the quirks in it's everyday operation. Unlike the phone I mentioned earlier, one has to get acquainted with the Eris (I'm basically saying is there exists a steeper learning curve of idiosyncrasies).

I've owned my Eris since launch and it's been an enjoyable experience. I continue to have small problems with it, but that's why I've joined this forum. To date I've found many helpful threads, hopefully I can contribute down the road.

-Eager for the 2.1 update

Hello! I've long been a fan of the Open Handset Alliance (OHA); since the HTC Dream was just a rumor with a vague website. The Droid Eris is my first Android headset and my first mobile experience with someone other than AT&T.

I would like to admit I am a former iPhone user and destroyer (x3), it's a very expensive habit, but I digress. I gave up my iPhone because of the restrictions, stigma, and AT&T network; one other problem larger than all three of those: iTunes.

I'm loving my Eris. When my friends ask me to make a comparison I often tell them how the iPhone does most things perfect, it if won't do it perfectly the feature isn't even available (with the exception of reception). The Eris however, has a bit more "charm". The charm I'm referring to stems from the quirks in it's everyday operation. Unlike the phone I mentioned earlier, one has to get acquainted with the Eris (I'm basically saying is there exists a steeper learning curve of idiosyncrasies).

I've owned my Eris since launch and it's been an enjoyable experience. I continue to have small problems with it, but that's why I've joined this forum. To date I've found many helpful threads, hopefully I can contribute down the road.

-Eager for the 2.1 update

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones