1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Eris lover

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by plugnpl4y, Jan 5, 2010.

1. plugnpl4y

plugnpl4y Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Hello! I've long been a fan of the Open Handset Alliance (OHA); since the HTC Dream was just a rumor with a vague website. The Droid Eris is my first Android headset and my first mobile experience with someone other than AT&T.

I would like to admit I am a former iPhone user and destroyer (x3), it's a very expensive habit, but I digress. I gave up my iPhone because of the restrictions, stigma, and AT&T network; one other problem larger than all three of those: iTunes.

I'm loving my Eris. When my friends ask me to make a comparison I often tell them how the iPhone does most things perfect, it if won't do it perfectly the feature isn't even available (with the exception of reception). The Eris however, has a bit more "charm". The charm I'm referring to stems from the quirks in it's everyday operation. Unlike the phone I mentioned earlier, one has to get acquainted with the Eris (I'm basically saying is there exists a steeper learning curve of idiosyncrasies).

I've owned my Eris since launch and it's been an enjoyable experience. I continue to have small problems with it, but that's why I've joined this forum. To date I've found many helpful threads, hopefully I can contribute down the road.

-Eager for the 2.1 update

Advertisement

2. rok8man

rok8man Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Sr Operations Analyst
    Plano, TX
    Welcome fellow Eris user. I have had my Eris for over two months and I am liking mine more and more. Yes it has it quirks but what smartphone doesnt?

You will find much knowledge here in the boards.

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Campus Safety Officer
    Earlville, NY
    Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

4. welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

6. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Welcome! My wife has an Eris and she loves it! As previous iPhone owners welcome from coming over from the darkside.

7. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Welcome to AF! :D