• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Erratic Power Button

I have a rooted Evo about 1.5 yrs old. The power button is acting strangely. The pre-shutdown menu keeps coming up and it keeps putting itself asleep. Also, it does not wake the phone upon depressing it. The physical mechanics of the button seem to be functioning properly(it presses up and down haha).

While troubleshooting, I did a wipe of data, cache, dalvik, and battery stats. I installed a new kernel (lionfish). Also, reinstalled my most functional ROM SOS 1.9.

I am clueless to the origin of this issue. Is anyone else having a similar problem or can offer me any direction here?

Thanks!

This forum doesn't get nearly as much traffic as the rooted forum, and seeing how you are rooted I would have posted this problem in there.

I would try flashing a stock ROM. If the problem still occurs, you know it is not a software issue but instead a hardware issue and if you have insurance I would begin the unrooting process to file an insurance claim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones