• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Error 403

dave907

Jun 15, 2022
I'm getting this error 403 when trying to login to my Samsung account on a S8 Plus that I bought off Ebay running Nougat.

Attachments

• 20221220_143206.jpg
    20221220_143206.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 182
I have never owned a Samsung, but I believe if the previous owner of the device sold it on eBay without doing a proper factory reset, this type of error will show up.
If his Samsung credentials are still linked to the device, and in bad standing, you may have no recourse but to contact the seller / ask for a refund....

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
is it only for trying to sign in to your samsung account? can you log in on other accounts?
try factory resetting the device and see if that helps.
This is only an error when trying to sign in to my Samsung account. I was able to log into my Google account. I have done a factory reset and flashed the unlocked firmware but the error persists.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones