• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Error flashing a factory TGZ image?

Hey all -

I'm trying to .TGZ the Google factory L image, and I keep getting the same "failed to flash (hammerhead- blahblahblahLRX21.thisphonesux.img) - not enough space" while running the flash-all script. Anybody know WTH is going on with this thing?

Before you reply -

1. Yes, I've done this PLENTY of times before.
2. Yes, my SDK is fine, ADB picks up and communicates with my N5 just fine, USB cable is new.
3. Most likely NOT a bad download or decompress, both factory images I have give the same error.
4. Yes, the phone is FULLY wiped (12.58GB available)
5. The script dies when it gets to loading the factory .img file
6. My N5 is currently running DU (may be of some help?) AND.....

7. I have repeatedly tried running the script, and still have same error flashing KK or L images.

My next move is trying another computer I have kicking around....

Thanks!!

I had somewhat of the same problem/issue try to use the flash all .bat. As well as many other users... but as Hook said, try manually fastboot flashing the files. That worked for me fine.

Or there is a stock flashable 5.0 ROM here that works very well, in fact this is the ROM that I'm currently using even after manually flashing the images - http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...-android-4-4-3-ktu84m-rooted-busybox-t2557523

Now just waiting on josh to release DU 5.0 ;)

Reactions: Hook
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones