• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Error in Google play Store

Hi Team,

I have hard reset my Samsun Galaxy Note(N7000)phone and was trying to reinstall the applications on the phone. I am getting Error 729 while I am downloading any application from Google Play Store. The error says:

(App Name) could not be downloaded due to error 927.

Tried removing and adding google account.
Tried uninstalling the Google play update and updating it again.

Let me know if you know any workaround.

Thank you.

Something else to try:
XDA Forum said:
i had the same problem ans this is what you have to do in this order go to settings applications manage applecations and the the all tab go to
Google play and uninstal updates. then go back to the all list and go to download manager and whipe data. then reboot and on boot leave your phone for a few mins (conected to the internet) so that the google play update can download and the problem sould be fixed

Upvote 0
This is Google's official 927 statement:

Google said:
[#7041453] Australian users: errors 927 and 495
We've received reports that users in Australia are having trouble with all downloads over the carrier network, receiving either error 927 or 495. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating

At this time, there are no workarounds available - we recommend using a WiFi connection for downloads temporarily. We’ll continue to update this page with developments, so check back soon.

Issue first reported on: August 22, 2012

Last updated on: August 23, 2012

Upvote 0
Here's a response I sent to Google Support, don't know why it affected some routers and not others but after trying ALL other fixes, this one finally worked

Julie,

Further to this issue, I seem to have found a fix, I purchased an Asus Transformer Pad TF101 for my Mother in Law and experienced the same issue using a different Google account, thus indicating it was an issue with the two routers I was using (at work and at home), after further investigation I found a fix in the following thread: -

(Can't add link as this is my first post but if you google forums.whirlpool.net.au archive 1840357 and look for RoknRob 's post it worked for me.)

I have altered the DNS settings on the router at work (Draytek Vigor 2800 VG) and at home (Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti) to use Google's servers (Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4) I am now able to download apps from the Play Store via wifi. I don't know if it's restricted to certain makes of router or if the issue is more widespread and thus whether it may be worth issuing a Knowledge Base article. I also don't know why previously some apps would download and others not but the problem is now fixed. To re-iterate the issue was only with apps downloaded from the Play Store, when downloading apps from Amazon app store or Samsung Apps, there was no issue.

Kind regards,

Upvote 0
Here's a response I sent to Google Support, don't know why it affected some routers and not others but after trying ALL other fixes, this one finally worked

Julie,

Further to this issue, I seem to have found a fix, I purchased an Asus Transformer Pad TF101 for my Mother in Law and experienced the same issue using a different Google account, thus indicating it was an issue with the two routers I was using (at work and at home), after further investigation I found a fix in the following thread: -

(Can't add link as this is my first post but if you google forums.whirlpool.net.au archive 1840357 and look for RoknRob 's post it worked for me.)

I have altered the DNS settings on the router at work (Draytek Vigor 2800 VG) and at home (Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti) to use Google's servers (Primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4) I am now able to download apps from the Play Store via wifi. I don't know if it's restricted to certain makes of router or if the issue is more widespread and thus whether it may be worth issuing a Knowledge Base article. I also don't know why previously some apps would download and others not but the problem is now fixed. To re-iterate the issue was only with apps downloaded from the Play Store, when downloading apps from Amazon app store or Samsung Apps, there was no issue.

Kind regards,

not sure what happened but i just had this happen to me at home all my wifi devices would not connect to store for download nor would youtube work as the app... but i reset my modem then my router, then changed these settings in my router and now all works ty very much, ive been pulling teeth over this for 2 days

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones