• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Esteem Slow to Dial or Not Text

Lee12311

May 4, 2013
Sometimes my Esteem does not respond or is very slow. I will dial a phone number, but the phone will not start dialing right away. This can be several minutes or not at all. Usually I cannot text when the phone is acting up. The screen looks slightly grey and letters will not appear on the screen. I can send pictures though.

When it is really bad, it will not turn off either. I have to remove the battery. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have not modified my phone, but I do have a lot of apps. I want to keep my Esteem until MetroPCS comes out with the news phones that work on the T-Mobile Network or Black Friday.

Thanks, Richard

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to see you chosen the lg esteem sorry to see u having a problem with the device i see u having a problem with it lagging. Sounds like its time for a clean up . You will need to try and update with *228 listen to instruction press 5 . Wait for reboot of device let it sit for about 5-10 minutes. Now try it if its still slow and laging .you will need to factory reset device . And download all apps again .this would be easy cause they are in the playstore under the my apps>slide to all my apps . Post back for results if repaired or not

Upvote 0
Sometimes my Esteem does not respond or is very slow. I will dial a phone number, but the phone will not start dialing right away. This can be several minutes or not at all. Usually I cannot text when the phone is acting up. The screen looks slightly grey and letters will not appear on the screen. I can send pictures though.

When it is really bad, it will not turn off either. I have to remove the battery. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have not modified my phone, but I do have a lot of apps. I want to keep my Esteem until MetroPCS comes out with the news phones that work on the T-Mobile Network or Black Friday.

Thanks, Richard

I had that happen too; sometimes it even dialed the wrong number or dialed numbers randomly. One time, it dialed several numbers in succession. I got frustrated and bought a new phone -- with a new set of problems I might add. But, at least it doesn't randomly dial numbers and it doesn't reboot several times throughout the course of the day.

Upvote 0
One thing everyone has to realize is that this phone is pretty old and it still running Gingerbread. All of the apps and updates that are being rolled out are optimized for newer devices with Android 4.0 and up. I have a bone stock Esteem and I did not update any of the apps and its running fine with no problems. The battery is also lasting up to a day with 20 something percent left. These new apps and updates are running in the background and are causing the phone to lag. rooted or unrooted, these new google apps are what causing these older phones to act up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones