• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVDO/3G question

[TheAndroid]

Android Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2010
Uh-Meh-Ric-Ah
Hey guys,
I usually like to be the one to answer questions but today, I need some of your guys' advice. Most of you know that when your Transform says 'EV' or 'EVD' it means you have 3G, but frequently I've been on my 3G, open up the internet and I notice its taking forever to load. I go to my home screen and I see 'x1' AKA 2G when I'm in a 3G area. Any of you guys' ever had this problem and had a solution? Or maybe just have an idea of how to fix it so I keep my 3G signal?
Thanks!

Press the power off button until you see a few options. One of them is Airport Mode. Just set it on and then go back and set it off. This will restart your radio and might make a difference.

NPA, this is what I've done for awhile, it helps but not always... I like to be able to have 3G... 2G is nowhere CLOSE to speedy these days. I mean 3G's already outdated, 2G shouldn't exist...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones