• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO Accessories: Whats your must haves?

I don't even think that's possible. That would be a digital signal going to analog.

I do know that they have a micro-usb to RCA cable available already. I believe I saw it on expansys because I have the mini-usb to RCA version for my Touch Pro.
Just did a proper search and found no HDMI > RCA cables. Oh well, I don't need to use everything on the Evo.
About the only place that could be useful is places where there's no hi-def tvs.

Upvote 0
Just did a proper search and found no HDMI > RCA cables. Oh well, I don't need to use everything on the Evo.
About the only place that could be useful is places where there's no hi-def tvs.

Like I suspected, but do a search for micro-usb to RCA and you should find some. I think HTC may have been the only ones to make them, but I have the mini-usb to RCA cables and they work fine. I'm almost positive that they had the same for the micro-usb.

Upvote 0
Like I suspected, but do a search for micro-usb to RCA and you should find some. I think HTC may have been the only ones to make them, but I have the mini-usb to RCA cables and they work fine. I'm almost positive that they had the same for the micro-usb.
BUT how do you know you can send AV signals out through the USB port on the evo? just b/c its there does not mean it can be used like that.

Upvote 0
BUT how do you know you can send AV signals out through the USB port on the evo? just b/c its there does not mean it can be used like that.

You're right it may or may not be possible. All I can tell you is that, they had it for my Touch Pro and they have one with a micro-usb, as well (I think for the Hero, but can't remember).

Reactions: djdisturbed
Upvote 0
You're right it may or may not be possible. All I can tell you is that, they had it for my Touch Pro and they have one with a micro-usb, as well (I think for the Hero, but can't remember).
yeah but both of those didnt come with dedicated HDMI ports on them. but like i say, we wont know until shomeone either shows it can us or we do it ourselves

Upvote 0
yeah but both of those didnt come with dedicated HDMI ports on them. but like i say, we wont know until shomeone either shows it can us or we do it ourselves

LOL...Dude, like I said, no point in freaking arguing with me. I agree...who knows if it will be possible and you're correct, neither phones came with a hdmi out...BUT, not all TV's are HD TV's yet...LOL...so it's still possible to think it would be an option. Neither of us know, so no point in going back and forth with me.

My MAIN POINT was that there's a PART available out there. Whether it works with the EVO or not is something NEITHER of us can decipher.

Reactions: djdisturbed
Upvote 0
LOL...Dude, like I said, no point in freaking arguing with me. I agree...who knows if it will be possible and you're correct, neither phones came with a hdmi out...BUT, not all TV's are HD TV's yet...LOL...so it's still possible to think it would be an option. Neither of us know, so no point in going back and forth with me.

My MAIN POINT was that there's a PART available out there. Whether it works with the EVO or not is something NEITHER of us can decipher.

I'm hope you can myself, I just recently got my first HD TV but my main TV at my house is not HD so I would be GREAT to have both options!!!! Not argueing at all!!!! I was hoping I could do that w/ my pre but palm locked down the usb port so much that it made it SUCK!!!!

Upvote 0
My 1st thing I want is a case. I want the rubberdized or the Gel case or maybe a hard one like I have for my Touch Pro 2. But these 2 websites selling the same brand say not available till July 5th. IO have these hard like metal ones for my phone now and there cheap and broke and they don't stay on... So I want to try the others ones. My coworkers have the rubber ones on there i phones..

I am going to use my Touch pro 2 battery for an extra battery which will be good. I have an extra Touch Pro 2 one but it's not the same and generic so it may not work. Oh and I have to get a protector unless it comes with one like my pro 2 did.

I am interested in the car dock too and I was wondering if my LG Lotus was micro can I use the car charger for that and will my original AC charger from that phone work too for an extra charger to keep at work.

I have an 8 gig card already so having 2 will be nice. And I guess I may get an HDMI cable to try it with my HD TV at some point but I have Tivo and can watch You Tube and other internet stuff on it already.

Upvote 0
Usually I just need a spare charger or at least USB cable for desktop charging but I have plenty now.

Gotta have a car charger for those few times I'm out on the road for long periods.

I'll probably get some kind of screen/body guard but I don't like cases other than simple sleeves so I won't be spending money on any holsters. Maybe I will try to find a nice thin silicone sleeve to protect against drop damage.

Once the HDMI cables are out I will probably order one online for a few bucks.

Upvote 0
I've had Invisible Shield before and I hated it (just cuz my install was horrible and it turned yellow). I'm really considering Ghost Armor this time because it doesn't have the yellowing effect that Invisible Shield has and it's thinner (from what I've read).

Just wondering, for those that have gotten Ghost Armor before, is it easier to install than Invisible Shield? I found the install for the Invisible Shield to be a PITA, so if it's pretty much going to be the same type of install, I may wait until I get the phone.

My other question is, for those that have gotten Ghost Armor, will a back cover still fit, even with the Ghost Armor on?

Upvote 0
Well I guess I'll do rubber maybe then the silicone gel. I'll have to see. But I found the cutest pink case/pouch I want and I would order it right now but there out of stock on the pink color. Case Logic Pocket UP2, Pink But hopefully the phone will fit in there even with a gel or rubber case on it. I so can't wait for this phone. I've been reading and watching videos and joining different forums for a week now.. My 10 co workers with the i-phone I can't wait till they see this phone. LOL!

Upvote 0
Think I'll do what I like to do for most of my gadgets: 1) screen and body protector (I'm hoping Full Body Films will produce one like they did for iPod Touch 2G - slim, clear, protective, lifetime warranty with free replacements, and so thin it doesn't impact fit in any case or charger.) 2) 32G card after price drops cause I think 32G will be the only card I'll need 3) leather case with belt clip 4) Otterbox or hard protective case for when I'm carrying my phone in more rugged terrain 5) new inline mic headphones since I'll probably use the multimedia features more with this phone than any other phone I've had 6) a Poloroid Instant 300 camera so I can take, post, or give away shots of my friends and family who are dumbstruck and green with envy over the fact that for at least some time I will have one-upped them in the gadgets department!

Upvote 0
Hoping for Siedio innocase with holster like i have on my pre.
Would also hope someone would make an induction charger like the touchstone, really gonna miss the touchstone

+1 we have the spring loaded holster case and it's great, the audioport version seems to be alittle less quality (breaks easily) but the regular version is very nice and secure def hope seido rolls one out for the evo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones