• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo "reloads" desktop everytime it returns to the home screen

What's the mikG??? I searched themikmik on my phone but it didnt give me much info on thr mikG ('_')

Download Links

looks like they've updated again... very active developer

I believe you need to install 2.5, if you want 2.52 you'll still need to install 2.5 first, I am sure the last pages of the forum will have info on it though.

yes it requires rooting, the easiest and safest way is unrevoked.com if you hboot is the correct version. (restart with power and volume- will give you a screen that shows the hboot version).

I've had MikG since June 15th or so and never had the desktop reload issue (I tried some other Roms and had the issue with them also, so I am sticking with MikG) Also, MikG has some of the sense elements from the Evo 3D and look sweet!

I followed a direct link from XDA the first time, or I never would have found the Rom on their forums!

if unrevoked.com cannot root your evo, there are other methods available, found on XDA... google "XDA HTC EVO root gingerbread" the second result seems to be the best source of info. I like unrevoked, as even if you go back to the stock Rom and apply a new OTA Sprint update you keep root unless you choose to remove it.

Upvote 0
This is a memory management issue that was introduced with Gingerbread. HTC is mostly to blame here as they took the google system update, and didn't bother to test it or even realize that the sense interface was being killed anytime the phone needed more ram. As someone already mentioned, there is no priority being given to the launcher (in this case Sense). How they have let this glaring problem go on for so long is mind boggling to me... I can't tell you how many time I cursed at my phone because of this issue, honestly I'm amazed my phone is still in one piece... In any case, there is a solution to the problem! You will have to root your phone and install the memory management scripts found here. I have not had sense crash on me once since then...

Upvote 0
I had this exact same problem. Found on another post that it may be related to the SD Card. I unmounted my card and viola, problem solved. The other forum may reference to the possibility that somewhere on the card is a bad file that is screwing up the UI somehow. Regardless, unmounting fixed the issue. There's a few files that are on my card that I want to save, but after that, I'm imagining that reformating it will completely cure the issue.

Reactions: EVU
Upvote 0
Had the same problem for about a week now. Read this thread and unmounted then remounted the SD card and seems to be back to normal except for the fact that most of my app icons aren't appearing on my shortcut screen, all their is a generic android icon/logo in place of the developers branded icon. I think this all started when I decided to download some of my emails to the SD to free up space on the phone?..... 2nd problem, now I can't get more than a few emails to appear in my inbox folder (about to go check that issue in another thread). The home page constantly reloading problem seems to be fixed now though. Thanks for the info to all on these forums.

Reactions: EVU
Upvote 0
Had the same problem for about a week now. Read this thread and unmounted then remounted the SD card and seems to be back to normal except for the fact that most of my app icons aren't appearing on my shortcut screen, all their is a generic android icon/logo in place of the developers branded icon. I think this all started when I decided to download some of my emails to the SD to free up space on the phone?..... 2nd problem, now I can't get more than a few emails to appear in my inbox folder (about to go check that issue in another thread). The home page constantly reloading problem seems to be fixed now though. Thanks for the info to all on these forums.

Well golly miss molly this works!
All the rooting talk goes out the window by simply unmounting & remounting.
Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones