• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchanges messages stuck in outbox htc tattoo

dude12

Lurker
Jan 27, 2010
Hi All,

I just purchased a new HTC tattoo , i am unable to send emails using the active exchange account. I Can receive emails, calendar and contacts, but no luck on sending--items just sit in the outbox without error message.
My work's exchange server requires 4 digit pin to allow full functionality. Unfortunately Device does not prompt for the pin. need help in fixing this.

Thank you.

Hi All,

I just purchased a new HTC tattoo , i am unable to send emails using the active exchange account. I Can receive emails, calendar and contacts, but no luck on sending--items just sit in the outbox without error message.
My work's exchange server requires 4 digit pin to allow full functionality. Unfortunately Device does not prompt for the pin. need help in fixing this.

Thank you.

Anybody is able to find a solution for this?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, when connecting an Android device to Exchange, the Android implementation of Active Sync does not correctly interpret the Exchange security options. You can still receive e-mails etc. but any send operation (including company directory look up) fails. The work around is to ask your exchange admin to place you into the exceptions group within the Exchange mobile policy settings - this then allows send and directory lookups. But remote wipe no longer works if you lose your device. This really is a compromise work around. Hopefully HTC/Google will fix this with a patch for Android very soon.

Reactions: brandmarked
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones