• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Explain why paid apps blocked?

hightower

Jun 17, 2009
Can someone please explain why in the hell would paid apps be blocked from certain countries. I see a load of apps that are paid, and in all the forums alot of people ready and willing to pay for them but they cant because its blocked. Your restricting revenue for developers?

Wow thats really encouraging for android markets.

How do I get Better Keyboard and or Openhome or dxtop?

Im in Canada. Blocked. Doesnt this encourage pirating?

I have successfully bought couple of apps on market and I am in Australia.
Thing is, refunds do take some time. Debits come out straight away.
Authorization sometimes take very long. I think Apple's itunes payment system is more sophisticated. Zero wait time. Almost instantly.
Google needs to take a leaf out of Apple's successful billing system.

Upvote 0
I've been pestering Rogers as much as possible to open up paid apps. if more of us in Canada did that, maybe they'd start listening? I've called customer service twice, and emailed 3 times now.

In the US, T-Mobile will be launching a direct-to-bill payment option for the My Touch (Magic) when it comes out later this month.

Keep the pressure on Rogers for paid apps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones