• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help F3 Phone wont turn on or charge?

sawkid

Lurker
Jan 5, 2014
So I wanted to take out an old sd card and put in a new one so I turned off my phone. I replaced the old SD card and when I pressed the power button it didn't turn back on. That's all it does... doesn't charge or turn on, no Red LED. I have tried taking out and putting in the battery, holding the power button (with volume button), but nothing works. When I connect it to my laptop and hold the power button it does the "connected" sound but when I let go it disconnects and the phone still doesn't even power up. Any ideas?

So I wanted to take out an old sd card and put in a new one so I turned off my phone. I replaced the old SD card and when I pressed the power button it didn't turn back on. That's all it does... doesn't charge or turn on, no Red LED. I have tried taking out and putting in the battery, holding the power button (with volume button), but nothing works. When I connect it to my laptop and hold the power button it does the "connected" sound but when I let go it disconnects and the phone still doesn't even power up. Any ideas?

Is your phone rooted?

I would first suggest leaving your phone plugged in (charging) at least overnight. Many times if the battery is drained past a certain point the android device will not power on, even if plugged in. Try this first and hopefully it will fix the issue.

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me. Bought the f3 on 12/26 at best buy,yesterday it would not turn on or charge etc. When I first bought the phone I also bought Best Buy's replacement plan (1 year). Went back to Best buy and exchanged it for a new one. If it happens again I am going to get a different phone. My phone is rooted but I wouldn't think that would cause this to happen- bricked phone yes, but not charge or turn on at all?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones