1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support F3 Phone wont turn on or charge?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sawkid, Jan 5, 2014.

1. sawkid

sawkid Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2014
    So I wanted to take out an old sd card and put in a new one so I turned off my phone. I replaced the old SD card and when I pressed the power button it didn't turn back on. That's all it does... doesn't charge or turn on, no Red LED. I have tried taking out and putting in the battery, holding the power button (with volume button), but nothing works. When I connect it to my laptop and hold the power button it does the "connected" sound but when I let go it disconnects and the phone still doesn't even power up. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. bkttk2

bkttk2 Android Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2012
    Male
    Blue Springs, MO
    Is your phone rooted?

I would first suggest leaving your phone plugged in (charging) at least overnight. Many times if the battery is drained past a certain point the android device will not power on, even if plugged in. Try this first and hopefully it will fix the issue.

3. sawkid

sawkid Lurker
    None

Jan 5, 2014
    Yea, it's rooted and I have only had it for a month. I think I'm going to send it back to LG while my warranty is still active.

4. coffeefix

coffeefix Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Bought the f3 on 12/26 at best buy,yesterday it would not turn on or charge etc. When I first bought the phone I also bought Best Buy's replacement plan (1 year). Went back to Best buy and exchanged it for a new one. If it happens again I am going to get a different phone. My phone is rooted but I wouldn't think that would cause this to happen- bricked phone yes, but not charge or turn on at all?

5. coffeefix

coffeefix Lurker
    None

Dec 30, 2013
    Annnnnnnd...... it just happened again, after a factory reset. Guess it's back to the store for a different phone.