• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app issues

I am new to this site and first time posting. I searched for this topic on here and didn't find it, so I apologize if it was already talked about. I have the MyTouch 4G from T-Mobile. For a few days now when I go to FB via the app I can't see any profile pics, when there are photos that friends have posted I click on them and instead of opening up so I can see them it's a blank black screen. I have posted mobile uploads and can't even open mine from the newsfeed. The only way I can open mobile uploads is if I go to my own photo albums or my friends mobile upload albums and even then the photos are blurry. When I go to the mobile site it's the same problem, and if I go through the browser and go to the actual FB website photos on the newsfeed are white empty boxes with a blue question mark in the middle. I called T-Mobile and they said it's not my phone, but a known issue. My daughter has the Samsung Gravity Smart and hers is doing the same thing. Also when you go to the app at the bottom where it says Notifications, I no longer get the red circle next to it indicating that I have new notifications, but if I click on it there are new ones there. I also can't see anyones profile pics through the app, and here's what's even more strange. I have several mobile upload albums, but any pics put in there after August 29th are blurry, everything before that is clear, same goes for friends mobile upload albums as well. Anyone else experiencing these issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have un-installed FB and re-installed it. I have restarted the phone and it's still the same.

FB is always notoriously buggy after they change it around (and there have been massive changes recently with newsfeed etc) and the bugs tend to differ from phone to phone.

First of all go to "manage apps" in your phone settings, scroll to the Facebook app, enter it and try clearing cache and data; this technique often sorts out bugs in apps.

If that doesn't work another option is to go to the app in your apps list in the Market and "uninstall updates" to go back to the basic app and then re-update in a day or so.

The app usually seems to sort itself out about a week after the updates.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I have cleaned the cache and data. When I go to the market it doesn't let me uninstall the updates only uninstall the entire app. I have T-Mobile, but my friend has Sprint and she is not having these issues.

ooh... wonder why I have that option to roll-back the updates then; maybe something to do with the fact that there's been 3 FB updates (all with bugs!) since I got the phone?

Hope that sorts it out for you. If not then just scrap the app and use Opera or Dolphin to access the mobile FB site instead.

Upvote 0
FB is always notoriously buggy after they change it around (and there have been massive changes recently with newsfeed etc) and the bugs tend to differ from phone to phone.

you got that right. Myself and 3 others on a multitude of different android phones are ALL reporting big lag issues, or failure to select links etc since Facebook updated the news feeds 2 days after the app itself updated to the newest version. The updated app was running perfect (probably the best it ever has) right up until the big roll out of the news feeds etc.

I can't wait to see what *OTHER* bugs appear when the timeline and music player etc get sorted into public facebook...*sigh*

Upvote 0
you got that right. Myself and 3 others on a multitude of different android phones are ALL reporting big lag issues, or failure to select links etc since Facebook updated the news feeds 2 days after the app itself updated to the newest version. The updated app was running perfect (probably the best it ever has) right up until the big roll out of the news feeds etc.

I can't wait to see what *OTHER* bugs appear when the timeline and music player etc get sorted into public facebook...*sigh*

I'm hearing Google+ calling to be honest... getting really fed up with FB. It is getting really user unfriendly. I've just noticed that on the web version my own posts don't show up on my newsfeed so I have to alternate back and forth to my home page when people add comments. :mad:

Upvote 0
yea I've noticed that a little myself as well as the supposed subscription service not actually doing its job....you tell it to NOT tell you bout your friends games and lo an behold...3 times today I'm manually hiding them...annoys me to no end..

I mean I know its a free service so I shouldn't complain really....but be damned if that will stop me lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones