• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook for Android 1.5

For people who don't have it in application settings in facebook, do you have facebook on your phone in settings->accounts? I don't.
I don't have it in my accounts either.

Here's a link to some Google results on how to add an application to Facebook. Unfortunately I'm at work and a lot of the sites are blocked, but I hope it can help or shed some light on this.

Upvote 0
I don't have it in my accounts either.

Here's a link to some Google results on how to add an application to Facebook. Unfortunately I'm at work and a lot of the sites are blocked, but I hope it can help or shed some light on this.

I was looking at this earlier and that may be yet another issue. On this application page I do not have the option to install the app. It's almost like it's installed, but I can't access the permissions anymore from within my settings. What do you all think?
A link to the Facebook for Android application

Upvote 0
Here's a weird one.
I updated to the new FB 1.5 yesterday.
Everything was working up till a few hours ago.
Pushed notifications for:
-when someone replied to a comment I made
-when someone click "like" on one of my status
-when someone send me a message

than it just stopped working.:(
I did move the facebook.apk from data/app to system/app
I have since deleted and re-download but still no more notifications

I also checked with a friend, he's on Verizon with Droid X
everything was working for him till about now, it stopped working for him too.

Upvote 0
For people who don't have it in application settings in facebook, do you have facebook on your phone in settings->accounts? I don't.

I can add it the motorola version to accounts, but then it downloads all my fb contacts to the phone and I don't want that.

Also, in testing earlier, I did get notification for a wall post, but then when I just tested a few minutes ago, I didn't.

So, since I got that 1 notification and I don't have it set up in fb applications, maybe it's still something else? I'm going to test more in a bit.

Yes, if I go to settings, accounts & sync - I see facebook there and I have sync set to "on"

Upvote 0
I was looking at this earlier and that may be yet another issue. On this application page I do not have the option to install the app. It's almost like it's installed, but I can't access the permissions anymore from within my settings. What do you all think?
A link to the Facebook for Android application
That's just their "like" page. That's not an application that can be installed.

I did try to add fb account to settings->accounts on my phone. I have 2 facebook icons in accounts. If I click on one, nothing at all happens. If I click on the other, I add facebook, but it seems to be the motoblur version, not the facebook direct version. Doing that does not add facebook to my applications at facebook.com.

I do have all of the social networking apps frozen using titanium, but I know I got a notification earlier today with that stuff frozen then.

Yes, if I go to settings, accounts & sync - I see facebook there and I have sync set to "on"

To get that, I bet I somehow have to add that other facebook account, but I click that one and nothing happens.

Here's a weird one.

Yes, I know I got a couple of notifications earlier, when I didn't have fb at all in my accounts, I had all of the social networking stuff frozen and didn't have facebook for android in facebook.com applications.

I'm wondering if it's none of that and maybe the app is just finicky.

EDIT: I unfroze all of the social networking stuff and rebooted. Still no notifications and I still if I click that 2nd facebook icon in accounts, nothing happens.

I'm stumped. It's just confusing me that it did work earlier a couple of times.

Upvote 0
That's just their "like" page. That's not an application that can be installed.I'm stumped. It's just confusing me that it did work earlier a couple of times.

Are you sure? If you go to the application directory and type in "Facebook for Android" it is listed there. Also, if any of my friends who use Android post onto Facebook and I click the posted by "Android" underneath their post I am directed to this same page.

I also noticed that ten of my friends have the application, but none of them have "Liked" it

1,136,744 monthly active users - 10 friends

This is driving me crazy

Upvote 0
Are you sure? If you go to the application directory and type in "Facebook for Android" it is listed there. Also, if any of my friends who use Android post onto Facebook and I click the posted by "Android" underneath their post I am directed to this same page.

I also noticed that ten of my friends have the application, but none of them have "Liked" it

1,136,744 monthly active users - 10 friends

This is driving me crazy
Yes, that's definitely the "like" page.

I also just wiped out all my facebook data and app using Titanium. I saw that the second facebook icon in setup accounts went away. I then downloaded it again from the market and logged in and the second facebook icon in setup accounts came back, but still nothing happens when I click it.

For the people who get notifications, what do you have for facebook in setup accounts, both? What happens when you click that 2nd one (the one where the icon is slightly larger). You have options in there?

No idea why that icon doesn't work for me. Maybe that's got something to do with it, but still, it worked before and that icon didn't work.

Upvote 0
I don't have my phone added to my FB applications, just Bloo.
I've been using Bloo, but I was getting notifications yesterday through the FB app after I updated to 1.5. I haven't gotten any today but no one has posted anything either. LOL...I don't have a lot of friends, just use it for family stuff mostly. Chat was working nicely last night too.

If you go here... http://www.facebook.com/#!/mobile/ ...and click Android it says it's available from the market, don't there is a separate FB based application that has to be set up any more.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Facebook

That should be the link to add FB for your mobile, it should get you to the Android FB application.
I don't have it on my FB/phone, I've been using Bloo, but I was getting notifications yesterday through the FB app after I updated to 1.5. I haven't gotten any today but no one has posted anything either. LOL...I don't have a lot of friends, just use it for family stuff mostly. Chat was working nicely last night too.

This takes me right back to the application that lexluther says is a "Like" page only.

Upvote 0
Not sure if these means anything but I looked around the Facebook site after I noticed that facebook for Android was not one of my listed Applications.

So, after looking around I eventually found" Go to Application" and there I was greeted by this:

Application "Fасebook for Android" is unavailable

The application "Fасebook for Android" is temporarily unavailable due to an issue with its third-party developer. We are investigating the situation and apologize for any inconvenience.

Here is the URL to that:

F??ebook for Android | Facebook

Upvote 0
I edited my post earlier so the wrong link was there but the bottom line is that there is no more application through FB that has to be added or updated, the FB app through the market should be all you need.

Well in that case... :: cry ::
I don't get push notifications and none of my status updates go to my wall they just post to my profile so no one sees them :(

Upvote 0
Here's a weird one.

I had the same problem. I didnt move anything, and Push stopped working for me too sometime yesterday. FIGURE IT OUT ANDROID/FB.

FB for android is currently a worthless app (without working push). I can do the same via txt, email, and tumblr with the same ease as facebook. This is the only thing I miss from blackberry. Otherwise, android would be perfect. They better have it fixed before VZW gets an iphone (assuming they do). Or folks will make the switch to iOS.

Upvote 0
I'm convinced it's not a configuration issue, but something between the server and the app.

I had someone do a wall post and I did get notified. Then I did another wall post and picture comment and didn't. Then another wall post and didn't again.

Since I got at least 1 notification today and 1 yesterday too, I'm sure it's not anything that I've installed/configured incorrectly.

I give up. Eventually they'll get it right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones