• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook issues (pairing, authorization, contacts)

like2eatpie

May 28, 2010
Hi All,

Just got my new HTC One (UK VF)

Why cant i link a contact to FB? In my contacts screen i may have a contact nuerous times, it seems for all of their different accounts, phone number, email, fb etc. I try to link the phone number to facebook account but nothing happens?! Everything was fine on my One S now i am tearing my hair out! :mad:

Hi, I am having trouble with Facebook on my new phone. When I first got the phone I could sign in and view Facebook but not update status or upload pictures. If I opened it thru the web browser instead of the app I could. Now I can't access facebook with the app OR thru Internet browser. Thru the app all I get is a no network connection message and thru the web browser I get web page not available message. Even if I google "Facebook". It is very frustrating because my account works fine on my iPad and computer. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Cory

Upvote 0
what carrier are you on?
settings and scroll to the bottom to see system updates. this may depend on your carrier.

if you cant reach facebook.com from the browser, try another browser. does not make sense that you can not reach facebook.com from your browser but you can reach other websites just fine...

must be something you are missing.

maybe go to the android app store and uninstall the facebook updates and try an older version...

Upvote 0
there was no pop-up boxes, I am doing a system update now, hopefully it helps

Quick tip: Not to confuse this situation anymore, but I highly recommend a backup of your contacts in 'People' before authorizing Bookface if you have not already (In the menus it is something like: People -> Menu -> Manage Contacts -> Import/Export) Before you know it, your social contacts could be added to your phone book, could be duplicated, and could be synced to your Google account. It should be a simple toggle to turn them on and off but in case you want a hard copy you should probably get it beforehand.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I had exactly the same issue with the HTC One S my wife just received from Bell Canada (or Mobility)

I resolved it by going to Google Store - search for Facebook and getting the new app for Android. It updated the installed phone version and it hooks up the HTC Sense account fine now.

Just sharing ... hope this helps.

Also ... just remembered that I had to enable install from unknown sources too.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

i still Have the sense Authorization Problem on Facebook:(HTC One)

what i did:

- update the android version
- update to the last Facebook version
- Force Stop + clear Data of facebook and facebook for htc sense + restart
-i went to my facebook account settings> Apps> make sure platform is on
- even i removed the facebook sense from the facebook,

and when i tried to login again i followed the procedure..it didn't work ..

last thing i did:
Hard Reset my phone...updates...

still have the problem.

note that the twitter sense works normally, and the facebook as application also works normally.

i appreciate any new ideas, cause am out of :S

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
HTC one x plus and I have had the same problem since I received the Sense 5 update. I've tried everything and nothing has worked. The 'authorisation problem' is in the top left and my contacts' photos are all blurry. I'm out of ideas now and not best pleased. I've turned off my Facebook for HTC sense notifications for now which at least takes the annoying notification away. There are a few other people with the problem it seems. Fingers crossed for a fix soon.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks, that was going to be my next step but I'd heard mixed reviews about how good they are. I've opened a ticket with them now so will post again when they reply.

I've just rang HTC and spoken to a guy who said that my only option really is to send my phone off to them for repairs. He said that it sounds like a software issue and that they would reinstall the software on the phone which should fix it. I'm reluctant to send it away however as I'm not sure I can be without my phone and I'm also concerned that they'd charge me a lot to do it. Is there any way that I could reinstall the software myself? I know it's risky but I'm willing to give it a try if it means not sending the phone away. Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
When I first got my phone Facebook pushed notifications just fine. It would make a noise and the notification light would blink. About a week ago I disabled the Facebook app because it wouldn't let me uninstall it. Yesterday I decided to re-enable the app and updated it to the latest version. Ever since then Facebook will not push a notification and I have to actually open the app to see if I have any messages. I've tried disabling the app again and clearing app data, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

I'm running stock Android 4.2.2 on my Verizon HTC One.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones