• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook messenger notification sounds

usmdesigner

Jul 26, 2011
S8 phone

While I'm in messenger, all the sudden I keep getting notification sounds while someone is typing to me. Every sentence typed... Ding.. Ding... Ding. Super annoying! Tried googling and I can't find a topic that shows me how to stop it. Through changing settings, I've managed to now turn off the little notification light that I used to get when I got a message that was green. Anyone ever had these 2 problems?

Already tried that. After reinstalling, it has the same settings.

I'll add, messenger was working the way I liked before this happened... which is.... When in a conversation is up, there's no ding happening. I'm in the conversation watching it, there's no use for the ding.

Also, when I got new notifications from it and my phone wasn't active, I had a green light notification on my phone.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "yep that's how it works". I've had messenger for years and it's never done this before. Which of course is why I'm posting here to see if someone knows what I'm talking about

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones