• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Question for Droid

BenDroid

Jan 8, 2010
Hello everyone. I have had my droid for a little over a week now and I must say that I am enjoying everything about it. My wife calls me obsessed because I can't seem to put it down. But, I have run into something that is just driving me crazy that I can't seem to figure out. For some reason I am not able to upload any pictures that are taken with my phone directly to Facebook. I go to gallery, click on the picture that I want to send, and then to share/facebook. It acts as if is uploading with a status bar and everything but when it "completes" the upload, it states that the uploading of the picture was unsuccessful. Is anyone else having this problem? If so is it something that anyone is working on from what anyone knows? And is there a way around it because this is something that my old and way less superior phone could do with no problems (LG DARE). I am a patient guy and am completely willing to wait for a fix, but I just want to make sure that it is just not me with this problem.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Ben

Depends upon the WiFi source, methinks.

For example, at the university I attend, for all campus buildings (computer labs, etc.) FB has been blocked - so, if I were to use any WiFi at the university, I owuld not be able to upload jack to FB. However, killing WiFi would allow it to go through.

however, in the dorms, FB is allowed (but the access pipe is so small it is sometimes painful to try). There, I would have no issues (other than the reduced BW) uploading to FB.

Upvote 0
I had this exact same problem earlier today, here's what I did to fix it:

-Take picture
-click share
-select facebook
-there's a little blue button to the right of 'Upload Photo - Upload to mobile album' it has a + symbol on it, click it
-click the album you want the picture to go into
-click upload

I found that it wouldn't upload unless you selected an album before clicking upload, otherwise it would keep saying: upload of picture was unsuccessful, hope this helps...

Upvote 0
I had this exact same problem earlier today, here's what I did to fix it:

-Take picture
-click share
-select facebook
-there's a little blue button to the right of 'Upload Photo - Upload to mobile album' it has a + symbol on it, click it
-click upload

If I use this method, my pics/videos come out too small. I have to share out of my gallery. But maybe that was fixed when the facebook app got updated. Haven't tried that technique since I first got my DROID in November.

Upvote 0
Okay...I have exhausted every option that I can think of to try and figure this thing out. I have done everything that everyone here has said and I am still not able to upload a picture directly from my droid to facebook. I thought that maybe it was the picture that I was trying to send. So, I took a different one just to test and try and send it. Same problem. I downloaded Bloo, thinking it was the native facebook app. Same problem. I have tried using wifi and without. Am I just missing something? For those of you that are not having a problem at all, what are your camera settings at. Maybe there is something wrong with my settings (even though they are still at default since I have not messed with them). I am at a loss here. I am really not sure what else to do but just take my phone back, but I am not sure what that will even do.

Ben

Upvote 0
Alright...now I am almost positive it is something wrong with the phone. Not only can I not upload pictures to facebook. I can't upload video to youtube either. It does pretty much the same thing. I press video to share, hit youtube, and it goes through the status bar and even gets to 100 percent uploaded, but then says it failed to upload. Weird, but this will not do, I am paying for this type of thing to work. I guess I am going to have to take this one back and exchange it.

Upvote 0
I was thinking maybe something was wrong with verizon's network, but that is when I decided to try it through wifi. I get the same results on wifi. I can't upload to facebook or youtube. I have not tried uploading to any other apps or networks, so it could just be coincidence that both youtube and facebook will not let me upload, but it just seems weird that no matter what I do, nothing will upload.

Upvote 0
If I use this method, my pics/videos come out too small. I have to share out of my gallery. But maybe that was fixed when the facebook app got updated. Haven't tried that technique since I first got my DROID in November.

Joe,
The pics come out small for me ONLY if I go to the facebook app -> Take Photo

They are okay (usually......read on!) for me if I share from gallery/camera immediately after taking it.

That being said.....

Ben droid.....

I had the exact same problem this Saturday...was on a hike. Took a pic wanted to upload to facebook. Would upload and then give me the error. I tried FOREVER!!!....and by ALL the means mentioned in this thread. Soft resets....

No go.....

BUT

-click upload

I found that it wouldn't upload unless you selected an album before clicking upload, otherwise it would keep saying: upload of picture was unsuccessful, hope this helps...

I did this and then it uploaded successfully. Now I am not sure...but I think I may have gotten one or two more errors after I did this before it finally decided to upload.

Today I tried a bunch of test shots and no problems uploading except that the Facebook app pic turns out really small.

All my uploads were over 3G.

These are just some of my observations. It appears to be hit or miss. Try again after a little while and then maybe it will?...once you switch towers or something?

Upvote 0
i was having the same problem so i tried everything on this thread
except the Bloo facebook app.
the share option from the gallery does not work at all
so i got out my old envy phone and found the email link to upload pics on facebook cuz with my old phone, i could just send the picture i wanted to that e mail and it would post it straight on Facebook Mobile album
and that turned out to be working so..

Upvote 0
Ok I was trying to uplaod pics to facebook but could not due to "loss of connection". I even tried downloading BLOO, still a no go.
I then open facebook to see if was there nothing. Without closing down facebook, I go back to pics and try to send another ,BAM it worked for both regular and bloo.
So I found you have to have an open screen at facebook in order for it to work. Once I left the fb page I could no longer upload to fb with either bloo or regular.
So make sure you have a fb page open and then upload a pic.

Upvote 0
I cant remember uploading from the 2.0 gallery, but I have uploaded a ton of pics directly from the 2.1 gallery. The only thing I don't see an option to do is upload video to FB from the gallery.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but are you sure you have logged into your facebook from the handset properly?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones