• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook ver. 1.3 is now out!!

I synced my current contacts with facebook and it constantly syncs and links the same facebook contacts to each of my phone contacts. So now on my contact list, each contact has 5 (FIVE!) of the same linked facebook contact...

I am using a Samsung Captivate, is anyone else seeing this problem?

Mine does the same on my X. It makes me all or noe of my contacts regardless of the options. then it adds 5+ im up to 9 of the same linked contact.

Upvote 0
I synced my current contacts with facebook and it constantly syncs and links the same facebook contacts to each of my phone contacts. So now on my contact list, each contact has 5 (FIVE!) of the same linked facebook contact...

I am using a Samsung Captivate, is anyone else seeing this problem?

I'm having the same issue on my Moment, it was also draining my batt.
uninstalled until these bugs are fixed

Upvote 0
why the crap am i still forced to bring ALL my facebook contacts with phone numbers into my phone. I cant for the life of me, have a Contact list then just port pics and updates to the few names on the list. it wants to bring em all over. Also it stays running for me as well. No sleep.

I don't know how but I think the stock fb app did that automatically the first time I tapped the sync button..

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat as most of you.

the facebook update KILLED my battery today.

Took the X off the dock this morning fully charged. Went to work. After a few hours I browsed facebook. Then about 2 hours later, my phone notified me there was less than 15% battery left. "WTF?!?" I said to myself. I popped open Spare Parts and BatteryLeft to check, and sure enough, Facebook had something like 4.5 hours of runtime.

It wouldn't let my phone go to sleep. I'm uninstalling this crap until it's fixed.

I normally have been getting around 12 hours of use without charging the X. Today I got 5.

AVOID until the Developers fix this.

Upvote 0
I was able to revert back to version 1.2 by just going to Market>Downloads>Facebook and the bottom right side had a "uninstall update" button. I had to log back in to the Facebook app and now I'm back to 1.2 without the whole phone staying awake problem.
I read that if you do a Hard Reset, you will start out with 1.2 on your phone. That could be a lot of work to reset up your phone because you will wipe all data off the phone just to get 1 app back. Good luck!

Reactions: m165 and Grad
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones