• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality: 2021

James Michael Tyler, best known for his turn as Gunther on “Friends,” has died of prostate cancer at only 59. He chose to appear in the HBO reunion this year only via Zoom because he didn’t want to bring a downer to the event…nice guy to the last.

RIP, Mr. Tyler, and thanks for pulling shots, and not always being in the background as you shared your talents and entertained people. Condolences to your wife, family, friends, fans and loved ones.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Long time politician and WWII veteran Bob Dole passed away today.
RIP
I stopped reading this thread some time ago, only popping in recently when I heard my name. But I had to come here today to express my condolences to Bob Dole's family and friends.

He and I may have been on opposite sides of the political spectrum, but at least he wasn't a zealot with a closed-minded attitude. He could, and did, often work with BOTH sides of the aisle. He was a war hero and gentleman. While I'm saddened by his death, I celebrate the 98 years he had, in which he brilliantly and selflessly served his country. RIP, Mr Dole.

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I liked Dean. He understood his craft and played well in all his roles (at least all the ones I saw).
I also enjoyed him in Quantum Leap, it was a pretty good show and he was a big part of it.

RIP, Mr. Stockwell, and thanks for sharing your talents.
Quantum leap was one of my favorite shows in the 80's and 90's but the series finale left me confused :thinking:

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
She was truly scrumptious. RIP and thanks for sharing your talents.

Last night I was viewing old movies on TCM and caught their end of the year tribute to the celebs and contributors to the music and movie industry. It's always a good watch and there are always a few that escape this yearly thread. We have lost a lot of talent since this thread's inception. Though paid to entertain they all did their jobs well. I've been entertained and I thank them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones