• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I didn't say it was bad, did I? What I meant was that there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how it's been carried out. No consistency whatsoever from what I've seen so far.

And yeah, I haven't received mine yet obviously or else I wouldn't be bitching. :D

I think the consistency is in realizing that different shipments depart the memphis hub at different times for different places. If Fedex hasn't changed since earlier this year most like my Phone will leave at or near 4:30pm today and fly (or ride) directly to tallahassee as thats when that run is made (doesn't mean I aint checking every 15 minutes).
The delay has most likely been Fedex holding them so they take 2 days to deliver, at least from the memphis facility.

Upvote 0
I think the consistency is in realizing that different shipments depart the memphis hub at different times for different places. If Fedex hasn't changed since earlier this year most like my Phone will leave at or near 4:30pm today and fly (or ride) directly to tallahassee as thats when that run is made (doesn't mean I aint checking every 15 minutes).
The delay has most likely been Fedex holding them so they take 2 days to deliver, at least from the memphis facility.

I like your answer very much and I hope you are correct! :D

Upvote 0
That is one of those things that it depends on who you get. Its not as Verizon didn't already screw up early release.

This is what I had to do to get them to hold the phone for me / DAME, I called back tolled them would not be home. They said they could not hold phone for me do to Verizon polices. But said she would have them try to deliver it between 1:00 and 2:00 on 28th. She said hey would call if there was a problem. They just called from my local FedEx shipping center and said they could not deliver between 1:00 and 2:00 on 28th. I said can you hold it for me she said

Upvote 0
To top it off I hear people say they are picking their phones up at Fedex shipping center, but I tried to have my local Fedex shipping center hold mine but they said Verizon will not let them hold a package..it has to have 1 delivery attempt first.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mine too, seeing as no one is going to be home on when they say it'll get there, I'm hoping for a delay just so I don't have to go through all of that trouble if I don't have to...it really makes me mad seeing as they won't just left me drive the 2 hours to Memphis, and pick it up myself :mad:

edit: I'm near Sugar Tree, TN..just so you have an idea on distance I'm about 1 hour west of Nashville

Upvote 0
For those who have their phones leave Memphis, please also mention where it is heading to. I'm in the Chicagoland area and mine is still showing as sitting in Memphis.

Blain is in Austin, 10 hour driver from Memphis. You and I (tallahassee) are roughly 8.5 hours away from memphis. If there is truly some sort of rhyme or reason I would figure our phones leaving at about the same time and 2 or so hours after Blain's which was around 3pm.

Upvote 0
OK, I am in the same boat, waiting in Memphis hub. I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I just ordered a cheapy phone for my wife about 10:30am, and chose next day shipping, which was available for any order before 4:30pm. I just received a notice that the cheapy phone has shipped and it is currently at the Memphis hub with delivery for tomorrow. So for my Chicago brothers and sisters, looks like it will get on the truck to Chicago in a few hours.

Upvote 0
Mine too, seeing as no one is going to be home on when they say it'll get there, I'm hoping for a delay just so I don't have to go through all of that trouble if I don't have to...it really makes me mad seeing as they won't just left me drive the 2 hours to Memphis, and pick it up myself :mad:

edit: I'm near Sugar Tree, TN..just so you have an idea on distance I'm about 1 hour west of Nashville

The call was about a 5 minutes; they called me pretty quick. It’s that bad to get done.

Upvote 0
We have movement! My order just updated...

Apr 27, 2010 2:58 PM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago.

On a related note, the FedEx guy just stopped by to drop off my screen protectors I ordered yesterday from Verizon. I asked if he would come by around this time tomorrow with the phone and he said 'probably'. I then mentioned that I might not be home so he gave me a door tag to sign so he could leave the phone on the porch if I wanted. I'm all set! Though I'll probably end up just taking the day off anyway. :)

Upvote 0
What are you guys saying? That even though my delivery says April 28th by 7:00pm, I won't get this baby tomorrow?

the last update for me was:

April 26,2010 3:19AM Shipment information sent to FedEx, Location: (blank)

But it's at Memphis, TN.

I am in Altamonte Springs, FL

You will still most likely get it tomorrow. I had a similiar situation (2 day shipping) with a Droid. Sunday fedex gets notified, sat at Memphis till Tuesday and Wednesday it got to me.

Reactions: fwise3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones