1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Feels like my DNA is getting boring now...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Slickyy, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Slickyy

Slickyy Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 22, 2013
    So I got my DNA about a year ago, and lately I just feel like it's getting "boring". I got this feeling with my last phone after only a few months. My DNA though has been something special to me, it was exactly what I wanted in a phone. Now...it's just my phone again. I tried fiddling around with it, tried some new apps, thought about rooting/launching it to make it feel "new".

Anyone else have this feeling about their phone?

Advertisement

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    New York
    What, exactly, do you want it to do that would make it un-boring? I actually find my DNA to be nearly perfect, and for the first time ever I'm a year into a phone and not counting the days until I can upgrade.

3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    I've had this happen before. The DNA was such a beast though. I was lucky and HTC sent me a OneMax and that replaced my DNA. That said, KitKat should be coming soon and that will help :)
    Again, I *feel* like I would agree with you, but I have the OneMax. I def would not have bought this phone for myself though. The DNA was the perfect size, the next phone i get (or if I go back to the DNA after kitkat) will not be larger than 5" i think.....

KitKat should spice things up a bit. I really like the enhancements of sense 5.5

4. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    Yeah, I'm experiencing the downside of the DNA working near perfectly too - little interest in finding another phone. A phone essentially the same as the DNA with a larger battery would have some appeal, but I can't say it's a necessity. I'm starting to experience a problem with the DNA USB port not connecting consistently for charging. That could be a reason to upgrade eventually, but I could also just get a charging pad....you see the dilemma :pepsi:

5. Slickyy

None

Jul 22, 2013
    I was exactly like this until about a month ago or so. Yeah the new update was a sweet change, but I feel really "Blah" about my phone now. I don't want to necessarily upgrade because the other options for a better phone aren't really an upgrade worth the $300+ price tag on it.

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    New York

But my real question is, what are you looking for? New phones are new and exciting as you set them up, but virtually any new phone today will be basically the same as the DNA once you do that. Especially after it gets 4.4 in the next couple of months.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2011
    Actually one reason I would upgrade the DNA is the sim card error. It hasn't been too big a problem for me, but it happened again twice yesterday. It's simply not acceptable to have a phone that goes offline without warning. Is this problem peculiar to the DNA or do other models that use sims also have it?

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    New York
    Okay, that would be a legit reason. I
    I have only gotten it a couple of times, so I don't even think about it.

9. Slickyy

None

Jul 22, 2013
    Well right now I'm running the newest updates with no root. I love HTC Sense 5, but at the same time I wanna get a new feel for my phone, maybe put a launcher on it, but then I lose a lot of features that I like about HTC sense. One of them being able to hide icons (Which I'm sure there's a way to do it with a launcher, just not sure how). It's not just that though, I've thought about trading for an HTC One. The front speakers are pretty nice, and it would be easier for me to show customers how good LTE is since it just came to this area for some of the prepaid networks.

10. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    Male
    I like the DNA too. Enough so that no phone that's come out really impresses me so much that I need to upgrade. That said I will happily upgrade when I can for two reasons:

1) The lack of an micro sd card is problematic. I do find myself having to regulate my memory a lot more than I'd like.
    2) There is this weird problem where the volume on my phone keeps jumping to max. I've found a work around with a volume limiter app, but it's not perfect.

11. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    There is no substitute for external SD. Ideally a phone should have like 16gb app memory and a slot for memory for videos, photos and music. I've put all my music in the cloud but my stupid 2gb data limit prevents me from using that when I'm not in WiFi coverage.

12. Slickyy

None

Jul 22, 2013
    I haven't put many apps on it and don't have any music preloaded onto it. I just use my Pandora.