• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Files/Folders missing in explorer

coryb

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I have a Droid-X and am having a peculiar problem. When I connect the phone to my PC with the USB, I try to browse the files on the "DROIDX\Removable Storage" directory, but only some of the files and folders are showing up. If I download and save a file on the device, it doesn't show up at all in explorer. I've even tried copying a file to the device from windows, and as soon as I disconnect and reconnect, the file is gone in Explorer even though it shows up fine on the device's file manager.

Does anybody know why these files and folders are missing when I browse in Windows Explorer?

Hi, no I do not see any such directory. The only folders I see are Albums, amazonmp3, dcim, documents, download, and media. I talked to a Verizon tech support agent and he said to try changing the USB connection mode on the phone from "PC mode" to "USB Mass Storage". I did that and all the folders show up, but at that point, I can't access the files from the phone until I change it back to PC mode. And I also can't do anything else with the phone from the PC.

The guy said that the files in PC mode must be the files on the internal storage on the device and not on the sd card, but doesn't the internal storage just contain system files and apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones