• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally tried the voodoo

Toddw

Feb 12, 2011
Well I finally did it last night. I had tried many ROM/kernel combinations to get the best performance with the longest battery life. I love the looks of the Super Dark DJ05 ROM but I couldn't get a kernel to go with it to give me great battery life. I'd take it off charge about 6:30 am and it would get down to 30% usually by 12:00. I have been rooted for about a month and have been reading about voodoo alot. I finally downloaded a StupidFast voodoo kernel. It went perfectly and the battery life seems to be better. My question is should I run SetCPU and if so what settings should I try? Any other kernels I should try also? Can I just flash a new voodoo kernel over the current one? I've read that you can and I've read you've got to disable the lagfix before reflashing a kernel.

Well I finally did it last night. I had tried many ROM/kernel combinations to get the best performance with the longest battery life. I love the looks of the Super Dark DJ05 ROM but I couldn't get a kernel to go with it to give me great battery life. I'd take it off charge about 6:30 am and it would get down to 30% usually by 12:00. I have been rooted for about a month and have been reading about voodoo alot. I finally downloaded a StupidFast voodoo kernel. It went perfectly and the battery life seems to be better. My question is should I run SetCPU and if so what settings should I try? Any other kernels I should try also? Can I just flash a new voodoo kernel over the current one? I've read that you can and I've read you've got to disable the lagfix before reflashing a kernel.

Try SetCPU if you want, I tried it once and was not impressed. You can flash voodoo kernels over voodoo kernels. If you ever want to flash a non-voodoo you just need to go into the voodoo portion of cwr and disable the lagfix first. Jt's 1/23 kernel was working great for me before I switched to 2.2 rom. It has voodoo sound implemented into it and then you just download voodoo controls from the market and it offers a major improvement when listening to music with headphones.

Upvote 0
I have found a combination for my phone, may not work on all phones. I am rooted, running voodoo, running jt's 1134 voodoo kernel on the Super Dark ROM. I was looking for performance with long bettery life. I flashed the kernel about 5 hours ago and I had 62% battery. Now I'm only down to 48% after internet, recording video at a birthday party, and a few calls. That's much better than any other setup, voodoo or not. I'm also running SetCPU set at 1000/200 with screen off profile set at 400/200 to hopefully save bettery life when it's asleep. FWIW it's scoring 1688 quadrant. What does everyone think? Thanks for the insight.

Upvote 0
I have found a combination for my phone, may not work on all phones. I am rooted, running voodoo, running jt's 1134 voodoo kernel on the Super Dark ROM. I was looking for performance with long bettery life. I flashed the kernel about 5 hours ago and I had 62% battery. Now I'm only down to 48% after internet, recording video at a birthday party, and a few calls. That's much better than any other setup, voodoo or not. I'm also running SetCPU set at 1000/200 with screen off profile set at 400/200 to hopefully save bettery life when it's asleep. FWIW it's scoring 1688 quadrant. What does everyone think? Thanks for the insight.

Setcpu profiles do not work correctly with galaxy s. Phones just fyi....and a good idea is to not bother with quadrant. :) just enjoy the performance of the phone

Upvote 0
I tried the Voodoo today... Now my camera doesn't work :( FC every time. On the plus, my quadrant scores doubled :)

PS I know, it's most likely something I did wrong, or something. I'm sure the Voodoo kernel is fine, I'm not saying that...

Have you tried fix permissions and clearing cache, these 2 things usually help with fc's

Reactions: PSkeptic
Upvote 0
Actually, try SirGatez's latest. Very nice, even though it's somehow missing from saps' list. Also allows OC, though it's not on by default.
doh-homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Added

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones