• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

firmware 1.15.405.4 to 1.16.841.1

Kia Ora.

So i have the usual Video/Audio sync problem, i won't provide a comedy speal by detailing the call too support with HTC, instead i'll jump to the end.

On my UK purchased HTC Desire running Android 2.1 update 1 s/w1.15.405.4, they have suggested i upgrade to the recently released Australian firmware 1.16.841.1. Note i'm running in NZ on Vodafone just beautifully. (not in aus)

I know the firmware recommended fixes the Australia Telstra gps problem. I also suspect that the phones coming out of Australia, that the update is for, are not sim unlocked being on plan. Also they run on differen't bands 850/1900 not the 2100/900.

so... it seems all a little too much of "Upgrade will fix ya up!" approach.
Do you great guru's of knowledge think i should upgrade or wait for the UK sim unlocked next firmware upgrade.... ? Any idea when this would be about

Cheers everyone =)

yup... 3rd call from HTC Support. This guy finally got it and confirmed what i was asking here as no you shouldn't put the Aussie Firmware onto the UK purchased simunlocked phone. useless.

Turns out there service desk systems are seperate (where as i though i was pushed from uk to aus as "follow the sun support"), so i have to relog the sync video/audio problem on the uk web site.

Least they ring you up! lol

cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones